The Wang

XS400 Member
Reaction score
Im still waiting on some parts to service the jets and replace the bowl gasket, however I still have a serious flow out of both carbs when I connect fuel.

It's so bad that when I take the line off fuel flows back out. I'm wondering if it could be my tank pressurizing, as I adjusted the floats up to lower the fuel in. I don't know anything about this tank, or if it has a pressure relief or anything that could be plugged, or if it's still a carb issue

Can you put an IV bottle (small aux fuel tank) on the carb fuel inlet and check it with that? That takes the tank completely out of the equation. If you still have overflow, your float bowl valves and seats are toast.

Thanks guys, I'll let y'all know if it works out. I had seen another video I was basing my float setting on, but this one looks better and more in depth I'll check it out

I had seen another video I was basing my float setting on
Caution - do not base your float settings off of any video! Only do what the factory manual (available on this forum, BTW) tells you to do. What is the year of your bike? We can look up how you should set up the floats and let you know.

Can you put an IV bottle (small aux fuel tank) on the carb fuel inlet and check it with that? That takes the tank completely out of the equation. If you still have overflow, your float bowl valves and seats are toast.
Replacing the float pins killed the leaking, but I still have an overspending problem. if I throw it almost off choke it idles, but if I throw it back on it goes to 4000rpms without touching the throttle. I would think it was a carb adj if it was a normal choke but people said it's a fuel enricher, so I'm not sure

Edit: lowered the idle, it idles around 1500, sometimes goes up a little bit then evens back out, and won't run off choke

Last edited:
Caution - do not base your float settings off of any video! Only do what the factory manual (available on this forum, BTW) tells you to do. What is the year of your bike? We can look up how you should set up the floats and let you know.
It's an 81, the only reason I used said video I'd watched was he had the same year as me

Back