You may be an XS400 owner...

...if you parked it at the shops then are walking back and a group of youths are walking past commenting on what a peice of shit it is and only a homo would ride a bike like that, then you continue to walk past it looking at it in discust and pretend your gearing up to ride the ducati parked nearby till they leave....

If you fix your carbs only to develop charging system issues

. . . if you clean and fix your carbs only to develop carb issues

. . . if you adjust the carbs with the tank propped up then see that the tripmeter has 100 miles on it

. . . if you have an ongoing, never-ending "I hate this thing" / "I love this thing" relationship

. . . if you have at least 2 neighbors comment that they thought it was an old Honda

. . . if your Yamaha dealer walks out to check it out and says too bad its not an RD :shrug:

. . . if your riding on a friends bike and check yours out in the rearview and realize it looks like he is on a moped! :bike: (and I wondered why no bikers of any ilk waved back at me)

. . . if you get a chuckle from the owner of a modern fuel injected ride when you refer to the TDC mark as the timing mark :laugh:

. . . if your XS400 Traction Control is a reflexive reaction to the pegs digging into the asphalt

. . . You may be an XS400 owner if your redline is so sunfaded into a barely orange color that you don't take it seriously :yikes:

th_DSC00331.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
th_DSC00315.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

...if you go to buy parts at Yamaha and people ask you 3 or 4 times what you have.

...if you have ridden 1/2 a mile with the choke at half..."just in case".

...if you have "tried to look cool" by flipping your mirrored visor down; to only really hide that you are praying your bike starts.

...if you're constantly looking around for "spare" parts, 'cause you know that one that you just replaced is going to go..again.

.. if you tried to improve your unstable revs by cleaning your carbs and ended up not being able to start at all anymore

... if you decide to "check things out" and end up with a full tear down
... if you STILL end up with broken shit even after you've read every post and tip there is on the subject!!

Definitely feel pretty on par with these and my xs isn't even rebuilt yet! :eek:

Back