Café from the heart of Europe (intro & build)

levdir: unfortunately Jag is not mine:D it's a final stage of full restoration with some performance upgrades (brakes, different gearbox) for some wealthy guy from Switzerland. Piece of art anyway...

Last edited:
This looks awesome lucky, nice job on those rear sets! Tank looks cool to me as well, and the ducktail looks likes the business :)

lowered...
now the funny part begins...to bend the rear end to match the hoop shape...:doh:
20141005_140420.jpg

20141005_140400.jpg

That jawa tank looks like it's going to be perfect for this. I cannot wait to see that seat completed. Possibly the best cut tank seat I've seen.

mT: noway man...bare metal and some clearcoat...that's the way I want to go...

I found some cool old rear lamp from Tatraplan
tatra-600_rear-side.jpg

20141023_163837.jpg

Maybe too big...and hard to fit it into the cowl...

Last edited:
Oh, that's damned cool. I reckon there's a few more old Tatras around your way but here they're hens' teeth. A detail like that is killer.

few more pics guys...
one side shot... It seems to be still too high...but it's welded already, so it's almost impossible to lower it and fit it on the rails... I need to make some foam seat to mock it up
xs400_caferacer.jpg

20141025_130730.jpg

Super cool work there. Viewed from behind the profiles of the tank and cowl are perfect, from the side I can see how you think it would look too high. If you wanted, you could cut some wedge shapes away from the bottom. You know more at the front tapering down to nothing at the back. That might work… But. I think when you add some foam for the seat that visual 'emptiness' will resolve itself and the cowl won't look out of place.:thumbsup:

You also need to get a left side clip on handlebar!
:D

Damn... i so much envy those spokes wheels... :)

We should met next year :). it's not so far from Poland to Czech Republic :)

Tournée on our mountain roads would be great!!!

Keep on building !! :)

Good score lucky! You got a front one lined up? One will come up eventually, worth chasing for sure. I was LOVING mine when I got them (thanks to volcomskater the legend)

The 80-82 xs400 that has the 16" rear spoke drum has the same hub as the ones that use the 18" wheel. There are a lot of them here in the u.s. for cheap.

Back