For Sale - Petcock and Fuel Line available

craigiedan

XS400 Member
Reaction score
The petcock is off of an '81 XS400 Special. It was recently rebuilt with the repair kit from partsnmore, but I decided to go to a non-vacuum type. It also has the carb cap included. It does not come with the mounting bolts or in-tank filter. Rebuild kit itself is $25, I'm asking $30 for the unit.

Also have 20ft of 3/16 black rubber fuel line. Goes for $22 for 25ft, I'm asking $10.

Feel free to make offer on both or just one of the items. You pay USPS priority shipping from Minneapolis. (Calculated when I get your zip code.)

Attachments

• 20130630_133217.jpg
    20130630_133217.jpg
    188.2 KB · Views: 273
  • 20130630_133841.jpg
    20130630_133841.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 244
I'm trying to get a rebuild kit for my petcock. Theres been droplets of gas forming around the bolts.

problem is, the PO replaced the original petcock so i don't know what kind of petcock i have. i'm assuming all rebuild kits aren't applicable.

can anyone identify my petcock? or tell how i can work around this issue?

Attachments

• IMG_0195.jpg
    IMG_0195.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 249
Looks to be a xs360 or an early xs400 style that had the removable bottom. If it's the bolts that goes into the tank there are sealing washers that are between them. Mikesxs sells them and they are on ebay. Just look up the part number.

I see.

i'm not sure exactly where its coming from, but its ends up at the bolt heads at the bottom of that bottom plate where the fuel line connects.

I'll look for those washers, but how do people buy rebuild kits for these things? i couldn't find a part # or anything on this petcock.

Hey xschris,

i saw that one while researching. but how do you know it fits my petcock specifically?

maybe i just don't understand the parts of a petcock yet since i haven't had to rebuild on before.

seems like most of the rebuild parts are pretty standardized i guess?

i bought the washers you mentioned yesterday, so i'll change those first.

Best way to know is to take it apart and see what you have/need. When you replace the washers use allen head bolts. They are easier to tighten and less likely to strip.

So i took my petcock apart.

i guess the PO used a normal steel washer instead of the OEM washer plate that you suggested. I'm not sure how it wasn't leaking until just now, but i'll assume it was just a miracle.

i put the washer plate on before the steel washer from the PO and it sealed it nicely. no leaks at all.

i also took apart the petcock to clean it off and make sure none of the gasket were torn. Looks like any of the xs360 petcock rebuild kits would work for my type of petcock as well. so that's good to know.

thanks for the help!

Back