Relay or something else.

robdrobd

Loose in the Cuse
Reaction score
None of my signals work. Could this be a relay issue or something else. Everything else works fine. The battery is brand new. If the relay is totally shot, will the signals not come on at all?

Hemm Im not sure if the relays are set up the same as my 81.You can read through my old thread theres a lot of info about relays and the affects of removing them and some other things.

My indicator panel has oil, neutral, and signals. Oil and neutral work fine. Signal indicator, no. Also, when I pull the fuse for signals, all of the idiot lights go out. Not sure of that indicates anything.

Ok, I've made progress. I jiggled the left hand control wire and the relay made a noise. All the connections and bulbs are inspected and in great shape. Soooooo, I'm guessing there is a loose weld inside the left hand control? Does that make sense?

With as old as the bike is, it could easily be corrosion, old wires, loose connections, etc. There isn't much to screw up in the controls. Crack it open and see what's going on in there.

I got it! Left control looked brand new inside, but the brown/white weld had come loose. Welded it up, everything works. Time to get an inspection!

Back