Winter Weather thread

Michigan must have a few dozen extra lakes by now]

Techicaly it did,the front that came through came down from Canada into warm unstable air from the south causing storms to form ahead of the front.
Nope we don't have extra lakes but the ones we have got filled with more water raising the lake levels:D

Attachments

• michigan weather.jpg
    michigan weather.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 424
Not only did it rain but there was high wind galore that wasn't predicted from Jim Catore.
Today I have to go check out the wrath of what the wind did to my plants,I can just imagine how many fruits and branches broke.:yikes:

Lou did you get the monsoons we got over your way?My wain guage says 2 inches even and that was with in 3 hours.
Next week is supposed to be beau:thumbsup:tiful

We sure did - and according to the doppler, you are sending us one more line before we get to share in the beautiful week (supposedly).

Accuweather says the rest of September will br dry and sunny with near normal temps.According to NOAA October should be much warmer than normal.If I can get my going I might:shrug: just be able to sneak a ride or two

Well I haven't posted anything on this thread in quite sometime so here I go.Most of you know that we had winter storm Juno which wreak havoc on the east coast.Hopefully any of our member that live that way made through it ok.
Today its our turn with up 15 inches predicted and snowing heavily right now.
We`ve missed out on most of the major storms so far this year and only had about 6 inches of powdery snow.Winter storm Linus is dragging along a heavy swath of snow all the way to the east coast again.

If anyone would twist my words around it has to be the one and only Lou Ranger :D:laugh:
So just so there isn't any misinterpretations that was a measurement of snow and nothing else.
Also officialy we got and set a record for one of largest snow storms being 3rd on the list 16.5 inches with 3 1/2 drifts.
We have another round of snow coming tonight:banghead:

Well time to update the weather thread since its my strongest area of expertise.Over the last 2 weeks of the month of Febuary our weather has been been brutaly cold.We have 5 am`s with low temps in the -0`s ,3 of which close to minus 30*.Yesterday we shattered the all time coldest winter temp for the month of Febuary hitting -29*.
While the temps have been much colder than average we have been drier than last winter with only 18 inches of snow so far this winter compared to last years snowiest winter on record with whopping 102 inches of the white stuff.Im off to go take some pics of a very rare and unsual event.The St clair river which has jammed up with ice for almost its entire length of 25 miles.:yikes:

Heres a very rare event Our home river freezing over.

Attachments

• ce jam st clair river.jpg
    ce jam st clair river.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 429
  • jam st clair river2.jpg
    jam st clair river2.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 376
  • jam st clair river3.jpg
    jam st clair river3.jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 389
  • jam st clair river4.jpg
    jam st clair river4.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 400
  • jam st clair river5.jpg
    jam st clair river5.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 394
Nice to see a brief break in the winter for Masters' Weekend.
It was a shame yesterday to have to cut the ride short and return to the tube @ 14:00 hrs.

Attachments

• 12-04-15.jpg
    12-04-15.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 416
Aww Lou, shoulda brought out the PVR on that! Not that I'm a TV expert by any means (never had cable), but I imagine the recording function would be handy when there's a bike to ride and weather to permit :thumbsup:

No cable, just an antenna, so no PVR.
Sunday was the best of both worlds - proper balance in the force. And the universe rewarded me with 4 more beautiful riding days this week...

Back