Wanted - Sissybar/Backrest for '82 XS400 Maxim

dhg001

XS400 Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for a sissybar/back rest with luggage rack for an '82 XS400 Maxim. I'm also in the market for a windshield. This is going to be my wifes bike and she wants these item on it.

Hi freebird01, I'm just north of Detroit. I just realized that the title of the post is wrong, I have an '83 XS400K, but I believe that they are the same. If you would, please post a pic. I am very interested.

Thanks Rich

IMAG0359.jpg

is this what your looking for?

That is exactly what I'm looking for freebird. Please PM with a price if you would. Also, do you remember how it attaches?

Thanks, Rich

Hi, newbie to the forum. I'm also lookin for a sissy bar. I have an 82 xs400 maxim that i just got on the road 'bout a month back. She's not a show piece and she's been Frankensteined a bit by previous owners, but it'll be a fun project to make her proud again. If anyone can point me in the right direction. aftermarket or OE.

Thanks

Sounds like a deal. Not to sound naive but I am new to the whole online forum thing, how do we proceed? Send ya a money order.... BTW where is Myerstown PA? I'm gonna be is Stroudsburg tonight...never mind too far away just looked it up.

Sounds like a deal. Not to sound naive but I am new to the whole online forum thing, how do we proceed? Send ya a money order.... BTW where is Myerstown PA? I'm gonna be is Stroudsburg tonight...never mind too far away just looked it up.

why don't you use my escrow service? just email me all your personal info (name, social insurance #, credit card #'s) and i will give the money to my cousin in Dubai who is waiting for his $6,000,000,000 inheritance once he turns 18. this is where we need your help. We need a foreign account to put the money into because of family conflicts. once everything is settled we offer you half the inheritance!

:thumbsup:

freebird01 - do you still have this available? I have a '83 I'm looking to get one for.

I'm lookin' to buy one for my '82 XS400R ... do you still have it? If so, would you mind researching whether or not it will fit? Assuming it will, consider it sold.

This is an adjustable sissy bar installed on a 1981 XS400H. It appears to be adjustable up to supporting the single rider position. It is available for sale. Any reasonable offer is welcome. I plan to list it on Ebay after Jan 1, 2012 otherwise

Attachments

• DSC_0309.jpg
    DSC_0309.jpg
    304.6 KB · Views: 460
  • DSC_0305.jpg
    DSC_0305.jpg
    287.6 KB · Views: 435
Back