Wanted - 18" rear drum wheel

Snelo

XS400 Member
Reaction score
I know this might be a long shot but looking for an 18" drum brake rear wheel for my 81 xs400.

Do you have the spoke or mag wheels? I know the 18" mag drums are readily available in the European region, that's where I got mine. The rim actually measures 19" overall

Looking for a mag wheel. Did you look anywhere in particular for one? I've had a look on ebay but not found anything yet

Try looking for bike breakers in Germany and maybe Sweden and surrounding areas, as well as their respective Ebay websites. I've seen a few on there in the past year. 18" mag drum rear is standard issue I believe in those regions. Motor/VIN code to search for is 2A2. I bought mine around about this time last year from a breaker in Germany. Can't remember the name. Patience is key when trying to locate parts like this. They are available, but I had to search intently for mine. And they are tube-type rims. None are tubeless that I'm aware of. Just use google translate and paypal and you can't go wrong :) Hope this helps a little. The 18" rear wheels were only offered as disc type here in the States.

Last edited:
Thanks for the advise. Had a quick look but didn't have much luck. I will keep looking as it will make my brat scrambler project look much better

Yep, look and ye shall find :D :bike: I would keep an eye on that auction, because if it goes for anywhere close to the current bids, then that would be a steal.

The advise was really helpful as I found one in a breakers in Germany and is currentlly in the post on its way across. I will post some before and after pics when it arrives

Yep, look and ye shall find :D :bike: I would keep an eye on that auction, because if it goes for anywhere close to the current bids, then that would be a steal.

I tried to get the guy to sell me just the wheel and he wouldn't. And the shipping for everything to the US is ridiculous. Would be a good deal for all that stuff for someone living nearby.

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Hinterrad-Fe...16678?pt=DE_Motorradteile&hash=item3358fa15c6

Try copying this in your browser.
Its for the rear wheel only, so don't let the image fool you.
Sometimes you'll just have to pay a little more than you'd like, but it has to be understood that you are buying something that was originally not intended to be sold to you.

Also, as you search on ebaymotors.de, search for "Hinterrad Felge 2A2 XS400" as this has turned up the most results for me over the years.

Good luck :bike:

Back