project gone bad

Scorpio1963

XS400 Guru
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Well my day started at 7:30am drinking coffee brain storming about Lou Rangers idea on how to get a couple or so more years of life on the truck bed I removed.So then to my next routine go out and inspect the garden for critters big fat greens ones with horns,everything was good.So back to the bed which is standing propped up Im studying looking and anxious to get started.I need to get this bed laying flat on the ground bottom side up so I can start working.So the wife was up and I asked her to give me a hand laying the bed down.I figure with one of us on each side we could slowly let down.Well one of us wasn't strong enough so Im trying to hold this by myself which I could do for long.So heck with just get out of the way right and let it fall on the grass,no big deal.Well I was wrong didn't get out of the way and bed came down on my upper foot.Being in shock from the injury I came inside and immediately ice it down.Sat for a while trying to figure out how bad is it,is just bruised,did I break something.So I decide Im going to the ER.I went to get and stepped down and hear crunching NOT GOOD:yikes:So I call 911 and the ambulance takes me to the hospital for xrays and examination.Hoping and realy hoping my foot was just badly bruised ,well the results is yes its badly bruised along with a crushed upper left foot.So I`ll have a lot of down time and no more working on projects for quite while.
So if you guys could kindly give some get well wishes and hope for speedy recovery that would be great Im hoping I`ll be on getting out for salmon season with a lot of luck.

smurfy71
I hear ya, been there, done that and regretted it later.
Yes Im sitting here this am thinking about what happened and I definitely regret this incident:banghead:.To make matters worse Im trying to get in to see my bone and joint doctor I always see and all Im getting is the run around,nope call this person,no we cant do anything about it you need to talk to thise person.Now they cant find my files at the hospital:wtf:

Heres a pic of how bad I crushed my foot.
Day 3 after the injury Im getting around in my wheel chair quite well,Im so thankfull I had one already.Walking around with the walker only adds more pain to painful situation.Then I call my jerk of landlord and ask him if he can someone to build some ramps so I can down over the steps with the wheel chair ,he said well I know how much is this going to cost.I brought the laws about the owner of dwelling by law having to accomidate a person who is physicaly challenged hes like oh ok I`ll get hold of someone right away to get this done.

Attachments

• broken ankle.jpg
    broken ankle.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 315
Yikes! get well soon!
and from a fellow fisherman from across lake huron, You get better for salmon fishing. no riding, and no fishing would not make me very happy.
Feel better

we will have to swap some fishing pics/stories! I already know mine will be THIIIIISSSSS BIIIIIIIGGG :laugh:
HAHA we can only dream eh!
would be darn nice though!

Attachments

• THIS BIG!.jpg
    THIS BIG!.jpg
    239.7 KB · Views: 313
That's one big feesh.Im already getting around better thanks to all the prayers and get well wishes.:)Fall fishing maybe put off this year I have troublesome pain which interferes with my ability to get around so knee surgery is probably coming up in the near future unless the cortazone and supar shots help.

Get well man, and we can blame Lou.....
I'm willing to take the hit - sometimes my ideas (while inherently brilliant) are not always properly or fully fleshed out ...
Na cant blame Lou its my impulsive anxious not be patient enough to wait for someone stronger to help me.
Nice of you to let me off the hook, but I still feel bad for you - especially as I sit around waiting to heal too.
I hope your foot's prognosis is as good and is for being 100% again.

When you do go fishing (soon I hope), try not to be impulsive - wait for someone strong enough to lower you into the boat - or set up your easy chair by the shore.
Any chance for a walking cast by Labour Day?

If we have another winter like last, :laugh: this could be you:

Attachments

• Scorpio in a month or 2.jpg
    Scorpio in a month or 2.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 287
Don't feel bad its entirely my fault,I didn't move fast enough and if it would have pushed it over from the back side no harm would have been done.As for the foot its heeling up at a decent rate at least I can get around with a walker and sometime I can walk around as long as I don't put ally weight on it.I think by Labor day I`ll be good to go and wont miss much of the fall fishing season.

Back