Photo Montage Game

RevrdMark

XS400 Addict
Reaction score
So there was a suggestion in the Photo Challenge thread to have a montage style game. So i thought I'd start one.

Here is how it works:

Someone pics a picture suggestion like say... An XS400 near a historical monument/marker.

You have 2 weeks to go get a picture (Or pictures) of the picture suggestion and post it up.
At the end of the two weeks the person who made the suggestion will pic one of the pictures as the "winner" and that person then picks the next suggestion.

I might suggest that if you are the one picking the "winner" send them a personal message since some of us are not on the forum regularly and the rest of us wont have to wait three weeks for a new photo suggestion.

Any questions? I'll pick a winner for the first round on Aug 1st.

that would be more impressive though wouldn't it!

I'll accept Bon Scotts monument as the winner! :)

Well not much action here... figured I'd post one even though I am the one choosing lol

This is the Chkalov Transpolar Flight Marker: Unless you are Russian or really into Aviation you probably have never heard of Valery Chkalov. He was a Russian Aviation hero in the 30's and was the first to make the transpolar flight from Europe to N. America. This is the place he landed; Pearson Airfield in Vancouver, Wa.

IMG_5137.jpg

If you wanna know more about Chkalov click here kinda a fascinating story.
or more about the marker click here

Got soaked on the way home but found some "history".... :shrug:

Attachments

• Max at T-S Road.JPG
    Max at T-S Road.JPG
    170.2 KB · Views: 427
  • T-S Road.jpg
    T-S Road.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 420
  • Max & Nellie.JPG
    Max & Nellie.JPG
    149.1 KB · Views: 400
  • Nellie McClung.jpg
    Nellie McClung.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 409
After 26 hrs of rain, another perfect summer day - with a few more smiles on the faces of farmers.

Attachments

• Southampton's First.JPG
    Southampton's First.JPG
    122.4 KB · Views: 411
  • Max at Smith's.JPG
    Max at Smith's.JPG
    136.9 KB · Views: 419
A bit of history not to far from my house, thankfully. I didn't want to go to far fo fear I might not make it back home! Good thing as she died a mile down the road from this marker, ~3mi from home.

Dave Blue Trading Post
Located 1mi S of here on Chisolm Cattle Trail also called Arbuckle Cattle Trail. Blue hired Cherokees and Creeks to kill wild buffalo in early 1870s and to deliver the hides to Atoka for shipment East.

I did go south a mile but there was nothing to be seen at that point...
full

full

Attachments

• SAM_0874.jpg
    SAM_0874.jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 413
  • SAM_0873.jpg
    SAM_0873.jpg
    258.2 KB · Views: 389
well finally got a bit of weather.

got loads of Industrial history in the area but I chose this one!

This is a monument marking the centenary of the Manchester Ship Canal ( the "alley O" in the children's song) It went from Salford Quays across to Liverpool and then the world.

Its currently on the rise again as across that bridge is the Lowry theatre, the New BBC head quarters and I'm to the right of the Imperial War Museum north.

Attachments

• IMAG0683.jpg
    IMAG0683.jpg
    294.9 KB · Views: 425
  • IMAG0685.jpg
    IMAG0685.jpg
    174.2 KB · Views: 396
  • IMAG0686.jpg
    IMAG0686.jpg
    325.2 KB · Views: 391
  • IMAG0687.jpg
    IMAG0687.jpg
    311.6 KB · Views: 434
Well, since the purpose of the game was to encourage people to get out and ride and Lou Ranger posted up 3 historical markers I'm gonna give it to him and let him pick the next challenge. Very cool to see some history from Oklahoma and Manchester too!

Ok Lou so whats the next photo challenge?

Ok Lou so whats the next photo challenge?
:hijack:
I don't know Rev, I'm not sure any of mine should be. Like I said earlier, we needed a handicap since the Yanks, Brits & Euros have way more history than we Canuks and Aussies - heck, the members from OZ couldn't find any.
I went to 3 of the lamest things (they were in the neighbourhood):
  • A woman who was born nearby but went to another province to become famous (maybe ?)
  • A guy who built the first house. So, he had a chance to build waterfront property facing the setting sun and instead built on 2nd St. facing away from the best sunsets in the world. (?) and,
  • A road built between 2 towns (which is still mostly a road) so Scottish people could come and bring their sheep. Well, everyone knows the Scottish don't need roads, least of all when they are chasing sheep cross-country. The place is overrun with Scottish - and with sheep - to this day. :yikes:
How can any one - or even all 3 - compare with a canal linking Mancunians and Scousers, blending them into one harmonious brotherhood - or with the Chislolm Trail - a former "wonder of the western world".

I'm begging you to consider the original terms of reference - best pic, volume wasn't supposed to count. :wink2: An "a" for effort might be nice though .... :p

Attachments

• Half Scottish - still proud.jpg
    Half Scottish - still proud.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 379
Lou, just choose another setting and stop fussing :D
Okay, "Yoda" has spoken, this lowly apprentice will obey and will select the next assignment on behalf of the 2 winners. Just forgive me for fussing Drewp, I'm half Scottish - fussing is our middle name or what's between our ears, I forget which.
When the Scots aren't fussing with sheep, or fussing in general, they are fussing with rocks. So lets have a photo-menage of xs400s juxtaposed with rocks.
Big rocks, small rocks, bed-rock, piles of rocks, whatever :rock:s .
We especially want to see rock from the "Alley O" which unites all Manchestpuddlians, and from the Chislomn trail which Dorothy-and-Toto took to get back home to Kansas.

not the most famous trail, and not the longest, but I like taking it to work sometimes to get off the beaten path:rock: oh yea and that is a rock cliff in the foreground I'm standing on:D:D
P1030178.jpg

Back