intro

1. SpiderWrench

Introduction and my 81 XS400 project

I've been lurking here for a bout a year so I figured it was past time for me to introduce myself. I have had my current bike for about a year now and have ridden it on and off, but it needs some TLC, and it needs to fit my environment a bit better. It was the PO's cafe project, but what I need...
  2. Peter G

My Introduction:

Hi everyone! My name is Peter and as of today I am the proud new owner of a 1983 XS400 Maxim! This is my first motorcycle and I am new to riding (I'm 18). Though, since I've already used this forum quite a bit already I decided to make an account. I notice you all are very helpful and...
  3. T

New member with some spare parts in good condish!

T8erbug's XS400 Brat/Scrambler I joined a while back but now I actually have some stuff to post ha. My uncle gave me his 1980 XS400 Special that he bought new so she's a legit one-owner. It's got about 19K miles. He gave it to me with new paint on the body work, new badges, and the carbs...
  4. brockd

Help in Toronto

Hello again, Toronto friends. Just hit a wall in terms of insurance. I've been working with a guy at Riders Plus for a few weeks - he gave me a great rate and, when he went to his underwriter to lock in, he 'forgot' that they won't insure bikes with short VIN #'s - ie. old bikes like mine. He...
  5. Bull85

a big hello from Ontario, Canada

well found this forum a few months ago, when I was looking for a XS 400. been reading lots, and taking it all in before my purchase. yesterday was the day, when I finally found the right one (and right previous owner) and forked over the $$ I got a 1982 XS400 heritage special. (first bike)...
  6. Kimst

From Denmark.

Hi just want to prensenter myself, a young man of 44 from Denmark who found your forum when I searched for information about my seca. She's 89 and 50000 km on the clock and is still running perfectly :bike: Going with thinking about building her to the cafe racer or street fighter. and have...
  7. B

New member new build

Hi, I was given an xs400/xs250 hardtail hybrid thing? I thing it's a 250drane with hardtail weld on. It's got an xs 400 engine. It's been sat in a barn for about 10 years. It looked mental when I picked it up it had a assume tank and really bizarre looking seat. I've stripped it down as far as...
  8. BBS360

Hello from Vancouver Island! Newbie with an XS360C

Hello everyone, My wife and I just recently bought a '76 XS360. It is my first motorcycle but she has some experience on two wheels. It needs some work: The previous owner seemed to think glue and silicone would be a good way to keep it running. The rear turn indicator was held on...
  9. B

New to the forum, Nova Scotian with a '79

Lurking on here for awhile, but forgot to introduce myself. My wife got a ready-for-scrap 79 XS400 back in the early 1990's, and her brother helped get it running, and she kept it running for a solid decade. When I first met her, she had the carbs out on a kitchen table where she lived with...
  10. M

New XS400 owner full of dreams! (and questions)

Hi everyone! I've had my XS400 for a week now, and I have to say I'm starting to like it! :P It hasn't been used much in the last 10 years, so the air filters had to come off right away since they had mildew in them. My idea is to slowly make it into a tracker-looking daily rider. I've...
  11. B

New Brit member

Hi to the forum, which looks to be helpfully informative for my latest project, and first Yamaha. I discovered it shown in this forum under previous ownership of Matt. He optimistically claimed it being 99% completed except for a few wires, although it was purchased off ebay at a more...
  12. B

new to forum

hey all, just joined the forum. i also just bought a 79 xs400 for 50$. it has 50833 km, and just a few parts that are needed do to others being broken.
  13. D

hello new here

Hello, I have just purchased my first road bike and I am looking for a little help as I want to restore the bike The title says 1983 yamaha 400 the vin is 15G-04015X what is this bike in reality I was told it is a maxim but it has no badges on it except that it says yamaha above the...
  14. willem

Willem from the Netherlands on a '89 DOHC

Hi everyone, Just bought my very own xs400 dohc from 1989. Cheap, 125 euros :) It just got some new tires, a new clutch cable and new battery. Still have to do both brakes, the chain and sprockets, the forkoil and the overall maintainance to the engine (spark plugs, new filters and oil...
  15. codyxs400

should I go to MMI or not

I have always liked dirtbikes and motorcycles and am interested in furthering my education i have looked into MMI and wyotech i sighned up to go to the pheonix location for MMI i was wondering if any one had any input
  16. L

Introduction: Liger from PA

Hey guys, you may have seen that I have already been posting around the forum, I tend to do that getting too excited about riding and projects that I forget to introduce myself. My name is Michael and I live in Reinholds, PA. I just bought my 1980 XS400 Special II a little over a week ago for...
  17. H

mr hamburger & his '83 maxim

Hello everyone, I'm from Toronto and I'm a professional paramedic. My other interests include beer, whiskey, tattoos, fish/aquariums, travel, food, comics, hockey & fitness/athletics. I've just entered the world of motorcycles and this is my first bike. It may have been on here before me...
  18. C

Hello from Georgia!

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen, my name is Clint and I live in Newnan, GA. I am new the the xs400 but not motorcycles and I am happy to have found the forum and be here. I had a xs650 that I sold about 8 months ago or so and I currently have a 78 CB750. I am planning on building a...
  19. S

Quick Intro, and usual Carb issues...

Hello, Great spot you have here ! I've been sucking down the bandwith for the past week or so :) I picked up an '81 xs400 'Special' last weekend. I was told at that time that the PO could get the bike running- just real rough. He had put in a new battery, changed the oil, cleaned the...
  20. A

Intro - New guy here

Hey all, Looking to get my hands on an XS400, starting to poke around for one in the NY/NJ area. Took me a couple of years but I recently finished my XS650 chop: Been itching to start a new winter project, and I wanted to go with something in a little smaller engine size. I'm really...
Back