1979 XS400

Post some pics. Value is in the eyes of the beholder. Fully stock bikes are the rare ones as almost all of these are now cut up and modified. The pre 80 bikes are harder to come by as less of them where made. Bringing them back to factory stock is often very expensive as good parts are next to impossible to find especially the exhaust. Most rot or get cut up which destroys the performance and sound like fart cans.

It's fully stock I need to maybe repaint the tank and pull the dent. And repair the rear master brake cylinder.

Attachments

• 1597295203682108343311336567283.jpg
    1597295203682108343311336567283.jpg
    192.6 KB · Views: 161
The mirrors are aftermarket. The seat cover is not factory. The mufflers are aftermarket. Other than that it looks like a good bike that would make a good restoration. I would leave the factory paint. I would also install a small bike fuel filter. If the bike was all stock and factory the value would definitely go up. But the final value depends on the guy buying it.

Don't feel bad most people do know stock from aftermarket with these bikes. Also after 40+ years most of them get changed because of broken parts and damage. People often just put on what works good enough to ride. My 79 was the same way when I picked it up over 21 years ago. It took me a long time and lots of money to get it back to factory. $600 is not a bad price if it runs and has a title to it.

Back