1980 XS400

tumblr_nbakfcjH5o1rriuweo1_500.jpg

Latest update, I've done three shake down runs all about 40-60 miles each run. I've got everything just about ironed out except for a pesky idle that doesn't want to cooperate. I put on a new throttle cable (old one was too short) and the bike will idle either normally or rev to the moon. I've checked the cable numerous times and have rerouted it a variety of ways but still no luck.

One thing that really sucks on this bike is the head light....it's from a spotlight that was mounted on an old cop car and it's terribly inefficient, barely lights up the raod at all.

Has anyone run an LED headlight? With the low power requirement I would think it's just a matter of hooking up a couple of wires.

Oh, and one other thing...I ended up ripping off the ignition box when I hit a big pot hole and the rear tire grabbed it and ripped it off. Thank God for zip ties and duct tape!

tumblr_nctq3dKypM1rriuweo1_500.jpg

Just about finished with the bike, just need to decide on a color for the tank. Took it out on the Distinguished gentlemans Ride in Los Angeles over the weekend and had a great time. Ran great and got tons of thumbs up, but not the most comfortable ride. Probably logged close to 300 miles. The freeway was sketchy!
tumblr_nctq9qSgaG1rriuweo1_500.jpg

Back