1. Want an XS400.com t-shirt? Go to the store to order. Limited sizes and quantities available.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Facebook people... We've created a group for XS400.com members to connect. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

1980G The Phoenix

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Petew, Oct 4, 2017.

1. Petew

Petew XS400 Fan

I am at this stage at present. Motor work is all done. Tires ordered. Now I am trying my hand at a fiberglass seat pan. Actually it is take 2, after reading loads of forums I went with cotton as my cloth. Poor choice,tough to lay down and not curl plus it takes so many layers to get any strength to it. Updated the plug to simpler design and will try again. Basement is a poor choice too,resin stinks up the house for days!!!!She who will not be named was not happy! 20171119_123051.jpg 20171119_123145.jpg

xschris and spectra like this.
  2. spectra

spectra XS400 Addict

Oh I love the smell of resin :laugh2: fiberglass resin that is reminds me of my boat fixing days.........oh and get the cloth that they recommend it works the best. Tap plastics if you have one close not sure if there all over or what? They were great for help and all the supplies for me. I may have to do a pan.........

3. Petew

Petew XS400 Fan

Work has stopped for a bit. I am in NYC waiting for repair of a prior heart surgery. I have had a major visionary change for this bike and have loads of new parts on the way for when I am ready to continue. I still need to replace the rubber but I have loads of time now before that is needed. I have done a total seat reshape but I am not sure if I will use it or not.

spectra likes this.
  4. spectra

spectra XS400 Addict

Best wishes on the repair ;)

Petew likes this.
  5. Petew

Petew XS400 Fan

Thanks Spectra

spectra likes this.
  6. xschris

xschris miles of smiles =)

Hope you feel better.