For Sale - 1981 XS400 COMPLETE SALE OR PART OUT

AMPd

XS400 Member
Reaction score
Looking to sell my 1981 XS400. Cranks but doesn't turn over. Bike is garage kept. Going to be getting a second Harley soon so I need the garage space. Not sure how much to expect for the whole bike so Ill just say $500 obo considering forum rules require a price. In Homestead, FL (southern part of Miami). I rather not ship, but I do work in logistics so if you really want to pay for the shipping I can figure it out.
Also willing to start tearing it down and parting out if I get a good enough response. This is the only recent photo I have, but ill take more tonight and/or specific photos if anyone asks for them.

xs400.jpg

That tank wont even come close to fitting the backbone on your bike........... it will need some fab work to fit............ I have one if you want to try though..........

That's what I was afraid of... what tank do you have that might fit? My issue might come down to some serious welding and frame work. My bike is very wide and I have very short legs.

Eventually I want to a fork swap that should lower it all a bit. Any thoughts there?

I also just like the look of the tank on the older xs models - more teardrop, less cafe cutout.

That's what I was afraid of... what tank do you have that might fit? My issue might come down to some serious welding and frame work. My bike is very wide and I have very short legs.

Eventually I want to a fork swap that should lower it all a bit. Any thoughts there?

I also just like the look of the tank on the older xs models - more teardrop, less cafe cutout.

Working on one now................ I bought it 4 years ago maybe more and tossed it under the house........... dragged it out and am building it now......... there are a few pic somewhere on here just have to look for them...........tank I ended up with is off a KZ1000 I think..........was sold to me as a KZ400 but nope once I got it figured it out.............

Back