For Sale - 1981 XS400 Special Parts (EVERYTHING!)

ekin

XS400 Member
Reaction score
Like the title says I'm parting out a 1981 Special. I have ALL of the stock components, MOST of which are in excellent condition. There are a few exceptions, but it's mostly cosmetic stuff (i.e. I removed the reflector cups from the rear shocks). The mechanical parts are all in excellent condition. I also have a pair of low hanging clubman bars which look great on this bike.

Won't bother getting more detail here. Let me know of which parts you're interested in and I'll give you the rundown of their condition as well as all the pictures you desire.

What kind of shape is the rubber gasket on the gas cap in? Mine's a ruin. I'd take the whole cap if you'd sell it separate from the tank.

Hi All,

Thanks for the interest in the parts. I had to leave town unexpectedly but have now returned. I'll send out replies with the pics today and tomorrow. Keep tuned.

downtime and dendro: fork, front brake, and master cylinder have all been sold.

meelas: carbs are still available and in excellent condition

scorpio: wiring harness is still available

DO you happen to have the seat hook rod with spring? the thing that makes the seat click in? would you be interested in selling that alone or only with whole seat. If so, how much? if not, how much for whole seat?

looking for (not sure what they're called) but the piece that attaches the heads to the upper frame. they look like that. http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTIwMFgxNjAw/z/a6kAAOxylwpR5dgx/$T2eC16R,!zUE9s38+GpWBR5dgwPygQ~~60_35.JPG

Back