1982 XS400R to Cafe

I was considering sending the shock to works performance. I believe that they can replace its internal components in what they call a "heart transplant" which costs around $200 and gives the performance of a custom shock, if I understood they're website. I should be getting an email from them in the next few days outlining what services they offer for my 400 dohc.

Carb holders are different your engine is canted and the 650 is vertical. ]

When I look up the carb holders on the boats.net site it says that the left side is obsolete, so can I use 2 from the right and flip one over and use it on the left? Bothe of mine are in pieces, as a matter of fact most of everything associated with carburation is going to have to be rebuilt or replaced, and I am having some difficulty finding all the pieces.

Last edited:
you can get carb holders off ebay. is this for the dohc model? I may have 1 carb holder for that one (not sure which side as its packed away)

speed & sport or yamatopdog.com they have everything. they are not cheap but its all nos and works perfect.:thumbsup:

Has anyone got any muffler suggestions? I would like to find something small I can mount under the bike.

Or fit a Yamaha Raptor 700 muffler. You'll have to change the front bits though. No plug and play, but works well and you get a spark arrester:laugh:. Anyways, I needed an excuse to show off a bit. Perhaps this gives you an idea.

Wishing you lots of fun with your build,

Jan

Attachments

• LPIC0718.jpg
    LPIC0718.jpg
    308 KB · Views: 341
Back