Make Offer - 1982 Yamaha XS400J Maxim

1982 XS400J Maxim

XS400 Member
Reaction score
Selling the above bike because I'm ready for a new project. No know issues with the bike whatsoever, and it has just under 8,400 miles. This bike is turn key and ride it. Everything works perfect! Here are all the things I have done to the bike since I bought it in December of 2016:

Oil change at 8,300 miles (full syn. Lucas 20W50), new oil seals in the entire engine (has zero oil leaks), new chain, new bar end mirrors, new foot peg rubber, LED headlight upgrade, new front chrome fender, polished front fork lowers and rebuilt with fresh oil, and seals, new stainless steel front brake line, new front pads, new front brake master cylinder and lever, new clutch lever, rebuilt front brake caliper and fresh fluid, new chrome handlebar, new air filter, completely rebuilt, cleaned, synced carbs, new NOS carb intake boots that may be the last ones on the planet, new spark plugs, new old stock tank purchase on ebay, completely sanded down to bare steel, and clear coated exterior with POR 15 hard clear coat, the inside of the tank is spotless, new tank badges, new glass inline fuel filter, new vacuum petcock, new fuel lines, rebuilt fuel cap, serviced and adjusted steering head bearings, polished cast aluminum wheels. The bike had new tires when I bought it, which still have the tits on them. The bike has a MAC 2-2 slip on muffler system that sounds mean. Also, the bike will come with a factory shop manual that I referenced while making all the repairs.
Not sure on price at this point, but feel free to make me a reasonable offer. I am certain I have well over $3,000 invested, but obviously don't expect to ask more than that. My name is Chad. Feel free to request any pictures, or videos if you want more info on anything. Clean Ohio title in my name, and historical tags. If you are in another state besides Ohio, I may be willing to meet half way to deliver. Thank you!

Last edited:
C0991B0A-2B8B-454B-93EF-7462E4C7125E.jpeg
71974D9B-6A83-4A13-AF1C-C48E65613C7B.jpeg
C2C290A1-FC3B-4121-9978-2D06A5DD6102.jpeg

Back