Sold / Found / Inactive - 1983 DOHC - Dallas, Tx - $1800

dpgraham4401

XS400 Member
Reaction score
As the title says,400cc engine, DOHC model. Bought this to customize and tune-up, runs very well!

New tires, brakes, drive chain, rotors, recently jetted, valve clearance adjusted, tuned, professional style paint job, K&N air pods, all fluids replaced, chrome fasteners to accent high-temp black paint on engine.
I have several of the OEM aesthetic parts if the new owner is interested, also will throw in valve shims, carburetor jets.

Comes with blue title in hand, .pdf service manual, service record book from the time I've had it, and truck ramp

I've dug up some history on the bike, I can also share my experience on where to locally find parts for this ole' bike.

Selling because I will be moving internationally and I want to pay off some student loans LOL

Price dropped to $1800, cause we all know these are sentimental objects.
00s0s_kh2t2fbZfAN_1200x900.jpg

Last edited:
That shit is a great bike. If I did all that work, I'd be asking $2,200 as well man. But do that exhaust man! It's literally the missing piece!!!! It's the only thing you haven't done!!!! Looks so good!

Thanks Addison, I really appreciate it!

I'm moving here in a couple of weeks and don't have the time or money, unfortunately. I put some baffles in the straight pipes to knock the noise level down from 120 --> 90 decibels (if I remember correctly), still loud but good sound. I know where someone could get scrap replacements fo cheap! And I have some high temp paint I'll throw in for whoever buys.

I'm dropping the price, It's a steal ladies and gents.

Help a poor litttle ole graduate student.

Last edited:
Back