1984 xs400 maxim help

Lepp91

XS400 New Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, this is my first post so I apologize in advance if these questions are stupid.

I have an 84 xs400 maxim. I have to change out the clutch friction plates and maybe the steel plates as well, but I'm unsure of where the best place to find them are. As well as this, im having some difficulty finding a clutch cover gasket. I don't want to take it apart without having the proper parts.

I also am missing a battery side panel ( the one that goes on an angle above the battery panel and just under the seat) and im looking to find one online but all I can find are the ones for the SECA and they don't seem to be the same.

Thanks!

As for the battery cover, going to be a struggle to find these. Best bet is to frequent your local motorcycle scrap yard or classified for a non working maxim… sorry not much to go off

Thanks guys! I appreciate the help. I'm going to change out the clutch plates, change the fork seals and it will be good as new. Minus the missing plastic piece lol

Or keep searching ebay for one using battery cover, side cover or just cover or panel. Some people will use slightly different terms.

Back