Wanted - 400 engine or top half - UK only

ivor

XS400 Addict
Reaction score
Hi there, I have an XS250 that I wish to make into a 400. I got a bottom end off ebay last year, but the other engine bits seem a bit thin on the ground here in the UK. I have found a dealer with a seized motor who wants £100 plus shipping, but that seems a bit steep?
So, has anyone got a cheap complete motor for rebuild, or, the parts I'm missing, (barrels, pistons, complete head, and carbs) ?
Needs to be in the UK as I'm on a (very) tight budget, I'm located in Woking, Surrey, and could collect within a reasonable distance.

Cheers, ivor.

Hi there, I have an XS250 that I wish to make into a 400. I got a bottom end off ebay last year, but the other engine bits seem a bit thin on the ground here in the UK. I have found a dealer with a seized motor who wants £100 plus shipping, but that seems a bit steep?
So, has anyone got a cheap complete motor for rebuild, or, the parts I'm missing, (barrels, pistons, complete head, and carbs) ?
Needs to be in the UK as I'm on a (very) tight budget, I'm located in Woking, Surrey, and could collect within a reasonable distance.

Cheers, ivor.

try ebay mate, you can pick up a complete bike for £150 if you snipe the bid!

BTW welcome to the forum

Hi drewpy, thanks for the welcome, must admit, hadn't looked at complete bikes, I'll give it a go, cheers, ivor.

Back