77 xs400 SWR carburetors

yamaridersd

XS400 Member
Reaction score
has anyone here done the carburetor swap to the MIkesXs SWR (Sunworld Racing) 32mm?
I’ve recently swapped mine and am having some trouble tuning them. Has anyone got them to run??

That’s what I was afraid of!! I’ve spent several hours trying to tune these things and nothing but problems!!! I can get it to idle with the chokes on but it’s running really rich!! As soon as I cut the choke out it runs lean for a second and then won’t idle! A slight touch of the throttle and it reeves really high then slow to return to a low rough idle! After it warms up, idle is high and erratic. It wants to idle about 3,000 rpm’s. I adjust the idle screws and it is still sluggish to return to idle (1,200 rpm) then dives to 900 rpm and dies. I’ve got the mixture screws set at 3-1/2 turns out and carbs appear to be synced! He bike runs okay on choke but, quite rich and poorly without choke and seems to be lean!! WTF!!

Just looked again at the stock bs34 carbs and seems that one of the diaphragms isn’t moving freely! I’m tempted to get new ones and start over with the original carbs!!!

I’ve been trying several days to contact (SWR) Sun World Racing. About these carbs. There are no diagrams or anything about these carbs. And no reply’s to any of my emails!

Does anyone know of any quality replacements?

SICK!! thanks!! Already ordering parts! I’ll try to get some pictures of the upgrade!! Thanks again for the help xs400 guru!!!

EFI parts?!???

Check out drewpy's supercharger thread. He's going with GSXR throttle bodies for EFI. Might be a good reason for his choice that you can take info from.

Where or what happened to the factory carbs? Why not just put a factory set back on ? These bikes are just little cruisers.....I could see if they were a performance machine but they are far from it :D

I over spent on mine but this seems like a little to much to me ;)

I understand doing something just for the sake of doing it, but I have also seen nos on a moped and people putting huge motors in them as well. I guess all we need to see now is a flux capacitor. :laugh:

I understand doing something just for the sake of doing it, but I have also seen nos on a moped and people putting huge motors in them as well. I guess all we need to see now is a flux capacitor. :laugh:

:laugh2: flux compositor.............. I think Drewpy is taking care of that now :D

EFI parts?!???

Check out drewpy's supercharger thread. He's going with GSXR throttle bodies for EFI. Might be a good reason for his choice that you can take info from.
Yeah!! EFI parts. I’m looking for parts to match air flow. But I did some jetting changes in these new carbs and I seem to be getting it close!!

Lol! Supercharger??!! nice!!

Back