79 XS 400 make over. (Slow)

Attachments

• 20170819_133604.jpg
    20170819_133604.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 540
I like the foam to hide all the stuff behind it :laugh2: no one likes a clean garage ;)

What front end are you going with?

I like the foam to hide all the stuff behind it :laugh2: no one likes a clean garage ;)

You couldn't see the bike with all the junk in the back. Lol..
The front is a 2003 R6

You couldn't see the bike with all the junk in the back. Lol..
The front is a 2003 R6

I was looking at either a R1 or R6 frontend for the 1100 but still on the fence........I keep adding up prices for better brakes and well in the end the front end conversion if purchased at a decent deal is cheaper in the end.

Oh the joy of making things fit :D does the swing arm fit in there or just sitting there? What are the plans for the top mount for the shock?

I see lot of people trying to use sport bike wheels and suspension parts with a xs400 motor/frame. We need to see someone put a sport bike motor in a xs400 frame. But I guess the simple low tech xs400 setup don't lend much for this. I commend what people do with these bikes to make them "better". But a modern sport bike motor and frame that was designed to be put together is what I would buy if I was looking for that sort of thing. There are times I would like for my five xs400 bikes to be a bit more modern. But I like them just the way they are. Otherwise I would not have five of them:lmao:

Not trying to make the XS 400 better just trying to give it a new look so it's not the same as every other XS 400 out there. Here is all of your aluminum wheel options.

If you going to put a different motor in my just get different bike at that point?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170902-212801.jpg
    Screenshot_20170902-212801.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 495
Sorry it going sooo slow.. It should pick up in a few weeks for a few weeks. Lol

I picked this up for $100 it runs with 9,000 miles.
Good for parts.
Screenshot_20171010-200342.jpg

Well quit buying more bikes :D that always throws a wrench into things.........

Looks good for 100 if it runs decent. Hell keep it stock and have a little runner.........

Well quit buying more bikes :D that always throws a wrench into things.........

Looks good for 100 if it runs decent. Hell keep it stock and have a little runner.........
I may keep it and do it over and keep it stock.
I will have both wheels from the other bike with disc brakes old gas tank with lots more.

More pics? This is for the XS.
If you want more I can post some.

I'm working on the XS this weekend will try to get the tank done.

Back