For Sale - 80 XS400 parts bike

MrStubb

XS400 Addict
Reaction score
Bought an 80 for parts & will have much of it left after I strip it for my needs. There's 25000 on the clock but the bike is almost complete. Tank, carbs, wheels, solenoid, valve adjuster plugs, shift lever & some electricals are spoken for. There's no title for the frame/engine but was assured it was 10 years since last registered. I'm in east central Mn.

I would like some parts off the frame if you can do it. I would like the rear fender/turn signal stalks and the rear muffler mounts. The picks are where I would need them cut. Thanks.
DSC03109.JPG
DSC03110.JPG

I really haven't gotten too far with the planning on this. But I think I can set you up. May take a little while till I get to it since the Mrs has a few plans for my free time in the next few weeks. Paint Paint hang drapes Paint Shower Curtain Clean Replace Carpet Build deck. You know Domestic stuff. Can you give me a time frame when you might need these?? Oh and did I mention PAINT!!!! (if I wasn't a smartass I'd be ALL ass) Ok who said anything about smart???

Lets see how successful I am at cutting them off with out destroying them first. I will try to get to them this weekend & then when I do I'll send you a Picture. The plan is to cut thru the welds right along the frame with a Sawzall or abrasive wheel for the loops. And right along the seat cross member for the signal mounts. I'll keep you posted.

How much you looking for the carbs, and could i get a picture?
Sorry but the carbs are spoken for. I've already taken them apart to see what damage is there from sitting. I've been running my regular bike with a set from a 1976 XS360. That bike was heavily modified & the carbs were re jetted to make it run right. They're way over jetted for mine. I had to jerry rig a few things on them also to make them work. I may have other parts if you need something though. Let me get these carbs done and see how they work the kits I ordered should be here in the next week or 2 & I'll know more then.

Would you be willing to ship the remainder of the frame after you cut it up for Chris?
Sorry the rest of the frame is going to be turned into a trike by a friend of mine. He's going to do the big Briggs & Stratton conversion and build something similar to a Ridley I think. Wants something for the little woman to ride I guess.

No major hurry. Just when you get the chance. Shoot me a price.
Hey Chris would you be interested in the rear pegs too?? I was thinking of the loops with the pegs & I think there's an actual muffler bracket bolted to them as well. Let me know what ya think. I haven't done much to the bike yet.

Sorry the rest of the frame is going to be turned into a trike by a friend of mine. He's going to do the big Briggs & Stratton conversion and build something similar to a Ridley I think. Wants something for the little woman to ride I guess.

Ah ok, thank you

I have all the brackets so I don't need that stuff. Just the frame parts. Thank you.

Are all the electricals taken, I could use the TCI. Is it available?
I literally just bought one off ebay for 30 bucks. I have no impulse control... :(
WOW I Just hit the crapper before I was going to reply to your request. Guess there's some truth to the saying "he who shits looses". I really don't know if the TCI box is in any kind of shape. I plan to bring the carcass into the garage this weekend & get started on it. $30.00 is a REALLY good price for the box from what I've seen so far. Let me know if you still need one after you get the one from Ebay

would you still have the the seat lock, gas cap and ignition?
Yes I can let you have the Seat lock Gas cap & Ignition. Just started to strip other parts from the bike last evening. The lock cyl's seem a little stiff so they'll need a little love but they do work. My plan is to check things as I remove them especially the electricals since they seem to cause many of the issues on these bikes. If you send me a PM with your particulars we can come to an agreement. I'm easy!!!

Back