For Sale - 82 Cafe Racer part out

SussexSlammer

XS400 Addict
Reaction score
Hello all!

I recently picked up a new R Nine T, and have decided it’s time to let go of my XS and all the parts I’ve accumulated. I’m not sure what’s valuable and what isn’t, so everything listed is obo. Shoot me an offer, let’s work out a deal! I’ll apologize in advance for any formatting issues, typing this on my phone. Well, trying to at least lol. I’ll try and start with the good stuff and work my way down.

Early model square gas tank. Will definitely need paint, but it’s rust free and comes with a new petcock $150

Jardine 2 to 1 exhaust. Pipes are rusty, baffles have been cut out, but it looks gnarly and is crazy loud. $100

Mostly clean complete forks. Forks will come with progressive fork springs, new seals and goki pressure bleeder valves. One fork has been rebuilt, the other will need rebuilding. Life happened, which halted my fork rebuild. $200 Will throw in fork gaiters and a tarozzi fork brace for an extra 75 bucks

Complete carb set. Jetted for Jardine header, will need cleaning. $100. Can include extra jets, pod filters and a cnc aluminum bracket that holds the carbs steady to the frame for an extra 100.

Mostly complete rear disc conversion. Have caliper, caliper stay, caliper rebuild kit, rebuilt rear swingarm, brake rotor and rear wheel. Wheel has 0 mile Avon roadrider tire mounted and balanced. $450

82 head pipes shortened with adapters to accommodate 1 3/4 mufflers. Will include a set of biltwell shorty mufflers. $175

Full wiring harness complete with all factory electrical components. Ditched the fuse block for blade fuses. Previous owner cut wires to install aftermarket rear blinkers and a tail light. Harness is otherwise untouched. $75

Clean front wheel. New bearings installed. Comes with brake rotor. Tire is an Avon roadrider with less than 200 miles. $125

Titled frame. Seat hoop and seat brackets have been installed. Currently set up to accept a more modern rear master cylinder for rear disc conversion. Will include triple tree with new headstock bearings and brat styled brown leather seat. $400 Prefer local pickup

82 engine with roughly 11k miles. Ran strong when pulled, could use a cleaning. $400 prefer local pickup
Will sell engine with frame for $600

That about wraps it up. Parts listed are priced based on god knows what. Shoot me an offer for anything listed. I also have a plethora of parts not listed. Coils, air box boot, headlight and bucket, uncut front fender, new sprocket and chain set. If you’re looking for something specific shoot me a message with what you’re looking for and what you’d like to pay and I’ll see what I’ve got.

Morning SussexSlammer - you wouldn't by any chance have a 18" rear wheel (ideally of the drum sort) - or both front a rear matching?
Many thanks

Well I'm interested in the wire harness. Mine doesn't have signals and it's annoying to try and figure everything out I don't have that kind of time

Back