advice for taller rider?

Addison

XS400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I'm sold on the bike but not totally sold on the fit. Have an 83 Maxim XS400.

I'm wondering, aside from taller handlebars, what kind of mods would make a tall rider with long legs feel more comfortable on this bike.

I am 6'3" and have long legs for my height, which further cramps my style when sitting on the bike. I know a 400 is probably not the bike for me but in all honesty I'm afraid to size up as I'm a beginner on the road and just will be using this as a commuter within the city, not really looking to rip on highways and stuff so this is plenty fast enough for me. With 2 kids and a wife at home I don't plan on breaking any speed records, just looking to have more fun on my daily 15 minute commute.

What have other taller riders done to make the Maxim more comfortable?

I also have an older TX500 that I do not care to modify the comfort level - this is the bike that I will make as bad looking as possible on a budget. But the XS, I wouldn't 'mind a few simple mods for comfort. Can't really do elevated foot rests (forward) as there is no front lower portion of the frame on these DOHC's.

Open to any and all tips!!!

Back