1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Facebook people... We've created a group for XS400.com members to connect. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Want an XS400.com t-shirt? Go to the store to order. Limited sizes and quantities available.
    Dismiss Notice

All over the place...Maxim/Seca build

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Jeff0133, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Jeff0133

Jeff0133 XS400 Junkie Top Contributor

Well....
    Gremlins showed their ugly mug yesterday.
    Wrapped my exhausts in exhaust tape and started the bike up to heat/dry the tape, then turned off the bike and plugged it on the charger only to find out that my fully charged battery was almost emptied...:wtf:
    So...charged it up a little and cranked it again, took my trusty tester out to find that I had 13,8 volts at the battery poles and didn't go ip when I revved the engine...worse it was slowly coming down.
    So it was either the reg/rec or the stator/coil assembly.
    Testing quickly revealed that I was not getting any ohms from the brown/green wires coming from the pick-up...
    Took the cover off and tested the wires for continuity,all were fine but the magneto...nothing.
    So I tested the one on my old engine (the maxim's) and sure enough it was good.
    Made the switch...took about an hour.
    Started the bike up again and voila! 14,2-14.3 volts when revving the engine....:lmao:
    Just glad I noticed it in the garage or I would have ended up stranded somewhere.

16VGTIDave likes this.
  2. spectra

spectra XS400 Junkie Top Contributor

Just went through the thread and everything looks good love it!

Got a few ideas so if and when I find another project ;) oh and those silver bullets always help when working on the bike :laugh2: I just limit myself to only certain work after a few to many.........

3. Jeff0133

So you noticed the back wall...those are...well decorative...let's leave it at thato_O

4. spectra

:laugh2: decorative............hell everyone needs a beer every once in a while.......

5. Jeff0133

Baby got new paint. IMG_20180907_193138.jpg IMG_20180907_193125.jpg

xschris and spectra like this.
  6. spectra

7. popmac

popmac XS400 Enthusiast

Canada
    Hot damn that looks great!

8. Jeff0133