Another New Guy and Simplex/Boardtrack Project

that is so sick, how does that brake pipe operate,it looks ridgid at least up to the neck!

can you show me a picture of the conections you made to the headlamp? I'm about to start mine soon

those finned covers are so cool too

whens the start up day?

Thanks Drewpy.

The front brake is rigid up to the neck because the fork isn't telescoping. Then it goes to a flex line to the cylinder behind the tank. You can see a video on page six.

Are you looking for connections at the harness or the headlight? I will take pictures tonight for you.

Thanks about the fins...I am still going to work on making that motor look vintage, but these helped a lot.
It runs now and actually I think Lou is probably out riding her. It will be a while before I can.

Thanks Drewpy.

Are you looking for connections at the harness or the headlight? I will take pictures tonight for you.

thanks, just how it looks and if you used multi's, bullets or shrinktube. I just wanted some images to get things right in my head before I commit.

cheers :thumbsup:

drewps

Drewpy, I had to skip going to the shop last night. Wife said I had spent too much time with the "girlfriend" the last few days. Picking her up tonight and bringing her home. My punch list is small.

0. Take pictures for Drewpy
1. Clutch cable is stiff
2. Front rotor replace
3. Re-jet
4. Make a 43 tooth rear sprocket
5. More links or new chain
6. Nuts and bolts
7. Bell the exhaust tips

I can do that at home and free up my buddies shop.

Drewpy,

Here is a basic close up...I ran the pigtail from the light, put some bullets on the leads and connected it to the power lead with bullets and used shrink tubing to keep it basically clean.

Attachments

• 2011-08-31_06-30-20_174.jpg
    2011-08-31_06-30-20_174.jpg
    299.4 KB · Views: 312
Drewpy,

Here is a basic close up...I ran the pigtail from the light, put some bullets on the leads and connected it to the power lead with bullets and used shrink tubing to keep it basically clean.

that's cool, :thumbsup: mine's coming out a bit like spaghetti at the front. will have to rethink what I'm doing!

drewps

Yeah, but I have no speedo, tach, horn, turn signals etc.
I am a big fan of large shrink tubing over smaller shrink tubing. It takes some forethought to keep everything bundled correctly beforehand. I can't tell you how many times I have forgotten to slip the shrink tubing over the wires before I connect them!!! If you have a lot of connections how about a multi-tap pin connection? I have used that under dashes a lot and it really cleans stuff up.

damn dude. that looks beautiful. great job cant wait to see a ride along video

Me too!!! It looks like I won't be able to ride until November though. Gives me time to do my ever increasing punch list. It now includes color sanding, belling the exhaust tips and making some kind of baffles for the exhaust.

Yeah, but I have no speedo, tach, horn, turn signals etc.
I am a big fan of large shrink tubing over smaller shrink tubing. It takes some forethought to keep everything bundled correctly beforehand. I can't tell you how many times I have forgotten to slip the shrink tubing over the wires before I connect them!!! If you have a lot of connections how about a multi-tap pin connection? I have used that under dashes a lot and it really cleans stuff up.

I got hold of some convoluted sheathing I'm gonna try. I know what you mean about forgetting the put shrink on before you connect :D

I've just cut the head lamp wires too short so I'm gonna have to redo those too :banghead:

HAHAHAHA glad to see that you're human. Take your time and walk away when you get frustrated...you're bike is too clean to get impatient.:thumbsup:

Got the baffles, they don't fit of course. Cutting them down and tapping them.

Been busy with work and the family, getting them ready for a mission to Uganda. Now that they are gone I am back on the bike. Installed the baffles and color sanded the bike.
The baffles I installed are 8" Custom Chrome pieces. These things cause a ton of back pressure.
Quick question: What was the baffle size on the factory bikes?
I am running 1 1/2 true dual exhaust with the baffles mentioned above and need to jet it. Thinking of going with Sigma recommendations but any thoughts out there?

So i've been adjusting and re-adjusting, switching out jets here and there. I found out that the setup on my bike which has k&n pod filters, straight 1 1/2" dual exhaust with 4" baffles installed: i ended up with 145 main jets, a step up on the pilot jets i believe 45? i also bought mikesxs Jet Needle 5IX11 & Needle Jet 336-Y0 & 3 1/2 turns out on the fuel idle mixture screw. Runs & pulls strong in every gear, no backfire, and the spark plugs color are a beautiful tan brown lol! I've gone 90mph on the 91west without realizing it hahaha! hope this helps a bit daddio!

Back