Another New Guy and Simplex/Boardtrack Project

the plugs might be a little more on the brown side than tan but i'd rather have it running a little rich instead of it running a little lean. do you really lol!? I live in Riverside where the 60 & 91 freeway meet

I am there all the time County of Riverside is one of my customers so I am out there a couple times a week. I live 5 minutes from 91 and Weir Canyon. Thanks again for the advice.

Yeah exactly, two exits west of the 241. Where the Costco and Home Depot are.

Last edited:
I think my Doctor only knows how to say four more weeks!!!! Hopefully riding this thing in November!!!

Hey guys, been off for a while. Had to help prep a car for the Baja 1000 and prep my truck to go there too. Then I just picked up a 916. The Boardtracker rides great, Should have some new pictures up this weekend.

Travis HAHAHAHA it is funny that you ask me that right after I took the 916 for a ride. The girder is spring only so it is a little spongy, it tracks straight, with the rake it is pretty relaxed. I like it in a way because it keeps my attention and I feel like i am going pretty fast through canyon roads with put being stupid. I guess since I made it to be like an old bike that is what it is like. As a cruiser it's fun but there is no way it handles as well as telescoping forks. But I guess sometimes that isn't what it is about.

Yeah I hear you... I've ridden plenty of old very unsafe bikes (springy front ends, no rear brakes, contaminated front pads that don't work, loose steering stems and swingarms) and I swear I'm less likely to die on one of those than I am on a modern bike that feels so smooth going 100+ mph.

Yeah, went out on the 916 last night and was really mentally focusing on the handling at low speeds and you have to be attentive. Then over 45 it's OK and over 70 it just keeps getting better. The Board tracker is opposite, 0 - 60 it is so easy, over 60 it starts requiring your attention and you really have to plan your line the faster you go.

all three at home...though I have already flipped the 916. New fuel pump, fluids and detail. Already have a deposit, time to focus on the board tracker.

Attachments

• 2011-12-03_21-41-31_309.jpg
    2011-12-03_21-41-31_309.jpg
    308.7 KB · Views: 311
Here are some current shots. She is scheduled to be photographed in January. Everything seems pretty smooth now with her. The front brake is dialed in and she starts, warms, idles and accelerates great.

Attachments

• P1011288.jpg
    P1011288.jpg
    307 KB · Views: 328
  • P1011289.jpg
    P1011289.jpg
    313.7 KB · Views: 335
  • P1011290.jpg
    P1011290.jpg
    307.1 KB · Views: 329
  • P1011292.jpg
    P1011292.jpg
    315.1 KB · Views: 320
that is sooo sick, great work Daddio when you get those photos done it should be on the front page of the forum :thumbsup:

Thanks Guys, it has been a fun project and turned out pretty close to what I had dreamed up.
Drewpy, it would be an honor to be up there next to Tonouchi and your bikes.

Ffwinks, I think it boils down to your quote "There's a thin line between hobby and mental illness." I do this stuff to stay out of trouble, idle hands and all that.

Back