Another new guy in MI

sprocket

XS400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey, just linked up here from TCU, been there forever... just figured I'd jump in here since I have a few '81s that need chopping and another cafe/fighter project for a friend.
I'm new here but not new to building bikes, motors or fabrication.
Work as a machinist/TIG welder, have TIG, lathe and mill at home. My daily ride is an old school survivor CB750 built by Finch. I have XS400s, XS650s, XS1100s all awaiting the chopping table, as well as a few more Hondas (CB650 and CB450 twin).

I'll try to find the pics of my friend's XS400 cafe/fighter as far as it's gotten so far.
Building a Motard/tracker XS650 right now for a customer; forks, wheels, brakes and swingarm from CBR600 Hurricane, Micro squirt EFI MX250 tank (aluminum) and my own tracker seat cowl, complete motor build...

Hey, just linked up here from TCU, been there forever... just figured I'd jump in here since I have a few '81s that need chopping and another cafe/fighter project for a friend.
I'm new here but not new to building bikes, motors or fabrication.
Work as a machinist/TIG welder, have TIG, lathe and mill at home. My daily ride is an old school survivor CB750 built by Finch. I have XS400s, XS650s, XS1100s all awaiting the chopping table, as well as a few more Hondas (CB650 and CB450 twin).

I'll try to find the pics of my friend's XS400 cafe/fighter as far as it's gotten so far.
Building a Motard/tracker XS650 right now for a customer; forks, wheels, brakes and swingarm from CBR600 Hurricane, Micro squirt EFI MX250 tank (aluminum) and my own tracker seat cowl, complete motor build...
Welcome man!! Where are you from?....I may need some TIG work done! haha

The builds sound sweet, and I'm definitely jealous of the tools at your disposal!!!

cadxs yeah that's me
hardatailedXS I'm in Brighton, MI... sorry I neeed to fill out profile here...lol

Thanx drewpy, break out the sawzall and call me in the morning!!!

Dan, are you still offering the 2-1 carb intakes for the XS400? There has been talk in several threads about it and you might have some customers if you still have the set-up for making them.

yeah I can make them.
Aluminum flanges and tubes and a retaining barb on the carb end to grab the hose connection.

I still have a few XS400 heads I can mock up with and a couple of whole stockers to check fit.

Attachments

• manivac001.jpg
    manivac001.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 276
  • Sprocketwerx 145.jpg
    Sprocketwerx 145.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 272
  • Sprocketwerx 147.jpg
    Sprocketwerx 147.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 269
i really dig the two to one carb setup. what size carb do you run on that. what i like the most on this setup is that you are still getting even air flow. ive seen guys do this on other bikes and they womder way one cylinder is running different then the other. good job sprocket.

i would think thats the only benefit and it looks cool. ive seen guys try this before and the make the runners un even and have issues later on. this setup looks like its the cats meow.

im pretty sure you would have to go with a larger size carb for this to work correctly or you would run too lean. but if you had to larger carbs u could have a back up.

you don't really need a bigger carb, maybe bigger jets. This motor is only feeding one cylinder per revolution, so whe carb will be working 100% of the time instead of "resting" between intake stokes.
I would increase the feed line size if possible to make sure the float bowl stays full.

Hmmm, there's a project,extra capacity billet float bowls for these applications.
Don't hole me to that, I got enough on my plate as it is...lmao

you don't really need a bigger carb, maybe bigger jets. This motor is only feeding one cylinder per revolution, so whe carb will be working 100% of the time instead of "resting" between intake stokes.
I would increase the feed line size if possible to make sure the float bowl stays full.

Hmmm, there's a project,extra capacity billet float bowls for these applications.
Don't hole me to that, I got enough on my plate as it is...lmao
I'll take two....hahaha

Back