1. Having trouble logging in? Try closing your browser and re-opening it. If that doesn't work, try a different browser or device. The site will be updated soon to resolve these browser issues.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Want an XS400.com t-shirt? Go to the store to order. Limited sizes and quantities available.
    Dismiss Notice

another newbie

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by druidsam, Nov 23, 2010.

1. druidsam

druidsam XS400 New Member

hello everyone, just joined by following a link from another forum, im a bit of an old git and bought my first Xs(250) in 84 then gave up bikes for a while, got back into two wheels a few years ago and purchased a thundercat, then picked up an XS400 recently and set about tarting it up, well thats enough about me for now, i dont want to bore you all too much:D

my babies

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Travis

Travis Staff Member Staff Member

Welcome to the site! Nice looking rides

3. drewpy

drewpy Excess twin Top Contributor

welcome druid sam

4. druidsam

cheers guys, the xs was a bit battered and bruised when i got it from ebay for £250, but i did a bit of painting and a helluva lot of cleaning and polishing and the old girl scrubbed up not to bad, front brake is utter rubbish, i dont know how it passed an MOT, but it did

5. gentlemanjim

gentlemanjim More Wrenchin than Ridin

Welcome you're the first guy to be on the same page or rather bike. I think this version is very cool. Mine is reffered to Seca, but I notice on the side covers of yours it says I don't know XT or tell wme what? must be you're a "pe" in.

6. danno

danno XS400 Enthusiast

Looks like it says XS400 on the sidecover to me. Nice looking bike!

7. druidsam

on the battery cover it has XS with 400 beneath and on the engine yamaha with YICS underneath

i have the super powerfull model at 45 bhp:D

8. gentlemanjim

gentlemanjim More Wrenchin than Ridin

So where is westlothian?

9. drewpy

drewpy Excess twin Top Contributor

bonny scotland

10. druidsam

yep:thumbsup:.. im midway between Edinburgh and Glasgow