Wanted - Any Year XS400 will consider 650

Ace4569

Original XS400 Chick
Reaction score
I live in columbus ohio and I am looking for another xs 400 or 650 it has to be running I don't have alot of cash most i can do is 5-800 depending on bike condition. Please contact me if you might have the bike I'm looking for. My old one finally died and I sold it off to get cash for another one. My number is 614-507-4389 ask for ace

I'll take anything in ohio that runs and is less then 800 bucks really. I'm desperate for a bike...but I haven't been able to find anything around me.

If you can get the one titled I wouldn't mind looking at it but the electrical problems you've been having concern me a little when this is your first time working on bikes. But like I said I'm down to look if you can get one running and titled but I don't really want a bike I can't ride on the street.

Thanks and welcome to the forum

Thanks for the welcome. The electrical issue was the fuse panel ate up by battery gas. It's been removed and the wires are wire nutted while I sort the bike out, will be soldering in inline fuses now that it is sorted out and everything is working. I rode the bike a little (on private property) yesterday. I'll let you know if I get it titled. It's a clean little bike. And oh yeah, I''m an aircraft mechanic and a half ass car mechanic, so I'm not totally incompetent, mostly, but not totally.

Alright then sounds good. If it can be titled or we can find a way to make it street legal then I'm down to figure something out. Good to know you have some experience that changes my perspective on the bike alot. Just let me know as you work on stuff. I'm not in a huge rush I'm still getting my cash together so take your time. I'll still be here whenever you figure something out.

Also could you post some pics. I'm not really that concered with cosmetics as I'm not too bad at fixing that kind of stuff I jsut wanna know what the bike looks like

I'll head down to the DMV and ask them later on today. I have read something about only needing a bill of sale noterized to sell. Also if you have changed any parts on the bike that helps. I'll ask them what we should do. I won't just bail out on a nice little XS so you don't have to worry about that.

I'll check that VIN at lunch time. I know people that have gotten titles with BOS and out of state inspection so I'm optimistic. I just have to figure out what to bribe them with!

I've not replaced any parts. I actually bought 1 and 7/8 bikes a few weeks ago. The one I'm working on was complete except the carbs. It came with a box full of 4 disassembled carbs. I cleaned the set for this bike and put back together and put on. It's running good, I put 3 miles on it in the driveway yesterday, just first and second gear, 25-30 mph. I'll attempt to post the one pic I have. I can text you a pic for sure.

full

Nice that bike is CLEAN. I will for sure want it as soon as we can get it titled. All I need is a VIN number. I looked into getting a title today I went down to the DMV they said they have to run the vin just to double check and then a BOS for tax purposes and it shouldn't be very hard to get a replacement title. I don't really care about the seat condition that is easily replaced but yeah I'm derfiinitley in pending title.

I have the BOS notarized and now I need to haul the bike down to the BMV for an out of state inspection then hit up the title office to see if they will give me a title. I went through this with a quad about a year ago at the local title office and failed. The buyer went to his local office and got it done first try. Another guy failed at our local office then went to the same one other dude went to and got it done first try. If I fail at both places, I'll give you the VIN and let you take a run at it. It might be a few days but I'll let you know how it goes.

It's a '78. Build date is 10/1977 VIN starts 2L0. There is a chart on here somewhere that will tell you a little about the model with that info.

It apparently takes about 2 months for this kind of thing to come through I really just want to run down to the COC and ask them about it but they want a VIN. I'm not trying to bug you about it but could you please send me the complete VIN you can do it in a PM if you don't want it everywhere

Back