Anyone here own an xs850?

killjoy33

XS400 Member
Reaction score
Ive got the opportunity to buy an already cafe'd xs850. It doesnt run at the moment and seller states it ran last in March and it only probably needs battery and carb cleaning. I am to inspect the bike on monday, what should i look out for? Are those any harder to work on than the 400s? I didnt do any engine work on my xs400. Just cleaned carbs and cosmetic work. Thanks!

Ive got the opportunity to buy an already cafe'd xs850. It doesnt run at the moment and seller states it ran last in March and it only probably needs battery and carb cleaning. I am to inspect the bike on monday, what should i look out for? Are those any harder to work on than the 400s? I didnt do any engine work on my xs400. Just cleaned carbs and cosmetic work. Thanks!

Well there are 3 carbs to deal with now and can be fun to tune. I had a 1100 with 4 carbs and cursed that thing all the time.......would run great one time and the next time like crap.....

Just look for leaks and make sure all the work is decent as there are a lot of hacks out there. Any way to take a battery with you when you look at it ? I know I have a few extras floating around just for this purpose. Or just jiump start it with a car battery so you at least know it turns over. Also the 850 should have a kickstart also.

00F0F_2KMaKxjezwt_1200x900.jpg 00M0M_gcdEQ8UPCrq_1200x900.jpg
Here she is.

Sweet ride. Nice front end swap with the upside down forks.
Knew someone with an XS750. Only complaint he had was the gasket kit was expensive.

I don't know what it is but there's something about triples. Just bought a Daytona 675 and she sure sounds nice.

Back