anyone name their bikes?

Think I'll call my XS Hole. Since it's like throwing money into one. I used to call my little bike smokey till I adjusted the oil pump. Now I call it my 1 kick wonder.

For some reason I thought of the scene from Pulp Fiction at the pawn shop. :laugh:
Hey PorkChop, I thought about naming my 80 400 special Sharleen after Leonard Lawerance's [aka Pile] M14 on FULL METAL JACKET. She's got a camoflage seat an camo flames on her tank, What a good bike..BEST $300.00 i ever spent.

YAMAHA DID AWSOME ON THE 400 SPECIAL, as far as bang for you buck she's got it hands down.Have owned several bikes from 900 Virago to TTR90's Sharleen takes the cake.

Think I'll call my XS Hole. Since it's like throwing money into one. I used to call my little bike smokey till I adjusted the oil pump. Now I call it my 1 kick wonder.
Hey Stubb I understand your smokey one kick thing ... I adjusted the points on my 80 model 400 s she's a 1 kicker even in the teens of winter in AR after slight adj..

Hey Stubb I understand your smokey one kick thing ... I adjusted the points on my 80 model 400 s she's a 1 kicker even in the teens of winter in AR after slight adj..
How do u adjst the oil pump Stubb? mine still smokes, im new to this world an would love to find a chilton or sumthing on it..

My XS400 is Lola... A cool name that was unfortunately ruined by reading the lyrics of the Kinks song. A CB100 named Mabel after my dear old Mum. Betty and Veronica were twin CB400's. A CM400 named Carolyn after the lady who donated it to us... but renamed Mouse Trap after the third mummified mouse carcass fell out of the frame while cleaning it. My building buddy has a Kawasaki S3 named "The Reluctant Bitch" because she has been nothing but expensive trouble!

Snot rocket... Based off the matte green metal flake vinyl wrap I put on. My $40 "paint" job!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    285.7 KB · Views: 291
i tripped an caught my 400 with my thy OOOOuch!! Any way ever since that fatefull moment sharleen has been drooling gass from the left air intake???? Float stuck?? I D K but it seems to have fixed itself i tapped on the bowl with a wremch an it dosent do it any more..

How do u adjst the oil pump Stubb? mine still smokes, im new to this world an would love to find a chilton or sumthing on it..

Sorry Josh for bein so late to the oil pump party. On my little LS2 the oil pump sits under a cover on the right front of the engine. To adjust it all I did was tighten the cable that operates the pump. My LS2 is a 2 stroke twin with oil injection. My throttle cable splits 3 ways after the twist grip 2 go to the throttle slides and the 3rd go's to the oil pump. There's a piston in the pump that follows a cam and the cable adjusts the piston's stroke by advancing another cam that vary's the piston stroke for more or less oil with the throttle. Kind of a long explanation but the system is quite effective.

Named my old iron head the mistress Cuz during the build she kept me from the family and every time I take her out I spend money (on parts) get hot and sweaty (trying to kick her to life) and usually get screwed in the end (damned cops) and when it's all over my wife won't talk to me :D:shrug:

Posted via Mobile

Back