Anyone up for Riding/Photo game?

It doesn't have to be a Hooters sheesh, just your favorite coffee shop or restaurant. I was going to specify "your favorite pub or brewery" since coffee shops and breweries are two things we have no shortage of here in the Pacific Northwest, but since we have some under 21 y.o. riders figured I'd just make it general.

It doesn't have to be a Hooters sheesh....
Thank goodness. Now, if it isn't necessary for my bike to also be in the pics, then these could be winners if the Brits get to vote.
I couldn't arrange for the xs400 to be in the pics, however, I couldn't resist sharing one of my all time favourites which was in front of the best coffee shop in the watershed.
I hope you all won't consider this to be a :hijack:

Attachments

• 2 favs.JPG
    2 favs.JPG
    118.4 KB · Views: 308
  • In front of Village Store.JPG
    In front of Village Store.JPG
    122.3 KB · Views: 322
  • 61 TR3.JPG
    61 TR3.JPG
    11.6 KB · Views: 324
Last edited:
Favourite coffee shop again but went there in a car so no winning photo of the xs400.
This bike was in front of it though - quite a beauty. :thumbsup:
Thought y'all might enjoy:

Attachments

• AJS,50.JPG
    AJS,50.JPG
    68.6 KB · Views: 325
After some intense riding through traffic jams. Stopped to cool bike down...
Hope this pic qualifies :)

Attachments

• 01082012148.jpg
    01082012148.jpg
    242.3 KB · Views: 340
Hope this pic qualifies :)

Why didn't I think of that? Take the picture of the xs400 sitting in front of the coffee shop from inside the shop.
Could have shot over that stupid TR-3. :wink2:
I vote for your shot ArtursF - unless an xs400 in front of a HOOTERS turns up.. :shrug:

Name of the place is "Cafe Gauja". It's located on Terbatas street (quiet side of city center). Common gathering place for art folks and hipsters as it is famous for its soviet-style installation, dishes, art etc.
For Drewpy: when that place opened they served coffee in these :D

Next challenge:XS near train (the older the better)
(hope this one is not too easy)

:doh:
(sorry, something must've been lost in translation)
What I meant was a railroad train.

You can post pictures of all kind of trains. Just keep it SFW :D

:doh: (sorry, something must've been lost in translation)
What I meant was a railroad train.
You can post pictures of all kind of trains. Just keep it SFW :D
No problem. You will get used to Drewpy.
He is a lateral thinker and not bound by the confines of traditional linear problem-solving, interpretation or translation.
:wink2: SFW huh?

Peckett and Sons was a locomotive manufacturer at the Atlas Works in St. George, Bristol, England. This 0-4-0 class is the only fireless locomotive to ever be produced at Atlas Works. Worked entire life at CWS soapworks, Irlam, Salford.

I was going to visit the Manchester Museum Science and Industry where they have a working Stephenson's Planet class locomotive which ran the first ever passenger railway from Manchester to Liverpool.
Might still do Although I'm not sure I could get the bike in there :) can't get older than that as it was the first commercial one in the world! :bike:

Attachments

• IMAG0693.jpg
    IMAG0693.jpg
    300.3 KB · Views: 305
  • IMAG0697.jpg
    IMAG0697.jpg
    303.9 KB · Views: 308
  • IMAG0696.jpg
    IMAG0696.jpg
    280.2 KB · Views: 332
I was going to visit the Manchester Museum Science and Industry where they have a working Stephenson's Planet class locomotive which ran the first ever passenger railway from Manchester to Liverpool.
Might still do Although I'm not sure I could get the bike in there :) can't get older than that as it was the first commercial one in the world! :bike:

i know that place well have you asked them if they can let you take a photo with your old bike next to the locomotive ?
if they tell you no it's no loss but if they say yes will be an awsome shot :)

can you still see corrination street from that place or did they block it off LOL
last time i was there i could see the rovers return :laugh:

Coronation street moved to the main Studios a while ago. Its moving again to Media city where I took the bridge/canal picture

OK, I want a picture of your bike next to a disused house, factory etc its got be be really decayed/interesting.

Back