Aussie XS400 Bratty Tracker Build

That's really nice. I did similar on the back end to my frame but notched it over the suspension mountings so that the seat didn't hang to far back over the rear wheel.

your whole handle bar set up is awesome. :thumbsup:

Attachments

• P7200362.jpg
    P7200362.jpg
    174.7 KB · Views: 367
  • P7200363.jpg
    P7200363.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 356
Thanks guys. Not far to go now, have to keep the momentum up to meet my end of September deadline.

Elvisrock I've been deliberating as to how far back the seat should go and decided that I should leave enough room to allow the transportation of cute girls, ahem, I mean girlfriend.

Excellent call Porky, I've had my eye on that seat for inspiration. Perfect shape but with a roll tuck, and that colour would look great with the posh gum grips. Maybe even a white frame! Although I'd be cleaning more than riding.

I've surprised myself that this bike is becoming more 70's bling than my usual black on black, down and dirty taste. but projects evolve by themselves sometimes.

Btw, Beach Banger, perfect name for its purpose, although might confuse as its a twin?

Hey jray just wondering about your disc conversion. Does that ducati disc just bolt straight on? And what year can the R1 caliper be from? Looks awsome, im toying with the idea of that brake upgrade too:D

Greasy the brake upgrade is definitely worth the effort. You will need a wheel spacer so that the disc sits the correct distance from the wheel. Yes, Ducati etc discs will fit, but they are flat compared to the stock disc that is spaced off the wheel.

I have a spacer that may fit, I'll PM you the details.

AMR, I'll shoot you the details for the switches.

Yeah the tank looks great, I like how you kept in keeping with the original design along the side of the tank that just screams 70's, especially with the orange mettalic flake.

Back