Battery wired for easy charging

Pork Chop

XS400 Junkie
Reaction score
To make it easier to charge the battery I wired my battery with a connector and also put the same conector on my charger. I soldered to the battery tabs tinned thin-wall 30amp wire from Drewpy's supplier. Now when I need to charge the battery all I have to do is unplug the battery from the harness and plug into the charger.

Posted via Mobile

I bought a trickle charger within the first month of having my xs and used it once, to charge the battery I bought new which turned out to be poorly made and already broken before I got it. Wish I had saved the money I spent on the charger

so I can't see why you would need to make it easy to charge? Unless you are planning to store the bike during winter and not ride, but then I'd say it would be easy enough to take the battery out, right? :shrug:

I am stuffing all the electrics into a small space and thought it would be useful to make it easier to trickle charge the battery. I guess i will find out.

Make sure everything can breathe or you will kill the battery/components.

A lot of motorcycle battery chargers come with a plug in on the wires where you can plug in a set of clamps to clamp to the battery or a set of wires the plug into the same plug and you attach these wires to the battery.
You leave these wires on the bike so if you need to charge you just plug the charger into the wires. Don't even have to lift the seat.
I like this one. It can often be bought off Wal Mart's website for around $20. A bit more in the stores.
Notice the two sets of wires that plug into the charger wire.
Leo

Attachments

• batteery charger.jpg
    batteery charger.jpg
    2.6 KB · Views: 74
Back