For Sale - Big Sale

WelderDave

XS400 Addict
Reaction score
Bike of origin: 1978 XS400E

I have a set of BS34's for sale. right side (Cylinder 2) works, nothing wrong with it. left side (cylinder 1) I drilled out the broken mixture screw, so probably for parts unless you can compensate for that or tune it out somehow, I don't know. can include all the jets purchased. Bought 5 sizes up main jets, new stock sizes, and 1 size up idle jet (official mikuni jets, were $7 a pop)

Crash bar, as I was told it was, with highway foot pegs.
windshield
rubber piece that connects the carbs from the air box with the center tube in it.
Red side shields from air box
Seat
Rear back mount for sissy bar (the tall backrest that attaches to the small sissy bar on back
Throttle cable from Mikesxs, purchased, installed, never got a chance to use it.

If there's anything else I'm forgetting, I'll add them.

I’ll have to get back to you on that this weekend, got a local guy already who’s coming to look at them when I pull them off. But it would also depend if you wanted all the jets and the uni pod filters with it.

I am actually in the market for a Right Side so if your guy falls through, maybe Corona and I can work something out...

Sweet, I’ll let you guys know. I’ll find out probably Friday. I’ve also got new uni pod filters, new carb boots, 5 sizes up worth of main jets, new jets in carbs, and a new throttle cable if interested. But again I’ll let you know probably Friday

Sweet, I’ll let you guys know. I’ll find out probably Friday. I’ve also got new uni pod filters, new carb boots, 5 sizes up worth of main jets, new jets in carbs, and a new throttle cable if interested. But again I’ll let you know probably Friday
Awesome, hopefully it works out...I would have snatched those boots as well but I just got a set in the mail!

So one of you wants the right carb, another wants the left, and another wants the boots, pods, and jets this just might work haha

Finally drove my bike with the new carbs, so had a chance to go through all this stuff. Ok so here’s what I’m thinking.
Boots, pods, and jets $45 + shipping (originally ran me $135) main jet pairs: 140, 142.5, 145, 147.5, 150. and a pair of 42.5, and 45 pilot jets.

Right carb $40 + shipping
Left carb $20 +shipping
With the carbs you’ll have to swap over your jets, originals were gunked up and junk so I had previously threw them away. Who needs the brackets with theirs if I’m going to split them up?
What do you guys say?

That’s no problem, I just need the carb body. Also, just to be clear since I’m a noob, is right side looking at the carb pair from the cylinder side or the intake side? Sorry I’m dumb, maybe snap a pic?

I’m looking at the carbs from sitting on the seat, so right side would be the side with your hand throttle on handlebars

Make sure that your looking for the same year style carbs. 77-79 sohc are not the same as 80-82 sohc. You don't want a miss matched set.

Yeah I should have asked sooner, looks like I need the left side actually...guess Ive gotta keep trying to get this mixture screw tip out! Sorry buddy, thanks for the offer!

Back