Bolt Specs for Caliper Mounting Bolts

zachchap

XS400 Member
Reaction score
So in my stupidity, the front brake caliper mounting bolts came loose on the road and were lost.
I need the specifications for the bolts so I can get new ones. I'd assume the bolts are metric so something like M10? Thanks in advance.

So in my stupidity, the front brake caliper mounting bolts came loose on the road and were lost.
I need the specifications for the bolts so I can get new ones. I'd assume the bolts are metric so something like M10? Thanks in advance.

What year?

They are metric also. I just took my caliper mount to the hardware store when I needed some. One bike I picked up were missing them.

Scrolling down the list of bikes it fits it seems like it is about the most common bolt Yamaha has ever used!

Make sure to get the correct grade bolt. For the cost of new ones I would just get the yamaha bolts. They will be a perfect fit for the bike.

Make sure to get the correct grade bolt. For the cost of new ones I would just get the yamaha bolts. They will be a perfect fit for the bike.

I'll get the best grade. It really not worth buying the genuine for because shipping is usually 20$

Try a local Yamaha dealer. Might not have it in stock but should be able to get it pretty quick.
No shipping cost and they're responsible for making sure it is the correct item.

Try a local Yamaha dealer. Might not have it in stock but should be able to get it pretty quick.
No shipping cost and they're responsible for making sure it is the correct item.

Thanks for the help guys, I'll make a trip to a Yamaha Dealer.

Good to see you found it as I haven't found mine yet..............

I have a great local hardware store that carries all sorts of nice metric fasteners in SS and also zinc finish. The ones I picked up last time are just like the pic posted bolt washer based.

Back