1. Want an XS400.com t-shirt? Go to the store to order. Limited sizes and quantities available.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Facebook people... We've created a group for XS400.com members to connect. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Brake Piston Blues

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by elkriverscott, Aug 10, 2018.

1. Disregard piston question. I was using a 3 ounce canister mini grease gun and could not tell if it was working. Took two tubes but took lots more pumping than I would have thought. Easy to clean, and I was able to screw the grease gun tip into the banjo bolt hole.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2018
  2. xschris

xschris miles of smiles =)

Hook a greese gun to where the bleed screw is and pump it out. I have done this with great results on ones that have sat for 30+ years.

3. NewHavenMike

NewHavenMike 1976 XS360C

I ended up buying a used caliper.. But would it be possible to open the bleeder on the caliper and use the brake lever to push the piston out? Seems like it would work.

4. spectra

spectra XS400 Junkie

I agree have you looked for a used one?

I just ended up getting a used one off Epay for my latest project.........yeah it was about 35 bucks but it works and cant complain......

5. xschris

xschris miles of smiles =)

I have a body if you need one. It's for a 80-81 sohc xs400. It will need a cleaning but it's in good shape. $25 shipped paypal only.

Attached Files: