Broken kickstart journal

mpark620

mpark620
Reaction score
Hey guys,

So went to go ahead and replace my clutch from my d to the new motor. And I went ahead and took a look at my kickstart journal and it looks like it has snapped. Just wondering if it's okay to ride with it snapped? Anyone know if it's okay? It should stl kickstart but just wondering if it detrimental to the bike at all, thanks.

image.jpg

Above is the attachment, it's behind the kickstarter springs

Don't run the bike till you can get that piece out. No the kick start will not work correctly with a broken journal. I would pull it out, plug the hole and use the e-start.

This is what it should look like.

Attachments

• DSC02434.jpg
    DSC02434.jpg
    168.2 KB · Views: 294
This is a spare set of cases I have that I use for parts/pics:laugh: I would never use something like that without cleaning first.:)

Gotchya! Also do any of you guys have a picture of how the kickstarter is suppose to proper installed? I noticed there's a couple springs on there, just don't know how it's supposed to look like after installation. Any picture would help! Thanks.

Xschris! You're the man! Thank you so much! I'll get back to you on the process and let you guys know how it comes along. Damn it's going to be a long day. Haha

Hey guys,

Just one more question, you guys know the ball bearing that goes in the clutch rod, the ball seems to be stuck in there, any idea on how to get it loose? Theres a clutch pushrod seal that suppose to go in to cover it but it won't go in fully because of the ball bearing.

Ha I knew there was 2 ball bearings to the clutch pushrod! Zip tie your clutch lever as when pulled in it will relieve tension, I wouldn't do this too long as it may stretch out the clutch return spring under left side sprocket cover. Otherwise you could just remove the left side sprocket cover and voila no tension pushing the rod onto the ball bearing through the right side anymore. The other bearing is on the left side of the rod within the clutch return assy attached to the left side cover and cable.

Back