building a xs 400 to hardtail

Today i made my self my own velocity stack, Here in holland i coundn't find te right one for my bike. And i don't wanted to pay very much money for it. At my work i found a old side bar from a car with the right diameter. Under a press i pressed it in the right shape . And here is my own made velocity stack. I m happy again with saving a lot of money

Attachments

• aangepast 87.jpg
    aangepast 87.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 328
  • aangepast 88.jpg
    aangepast 88.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 364
Last edited:
Cool! I see what you did with the breather box. The only thing I would worry about is water or dirt getting in there.

So i made my frame ready for the coater , i wanted to make it shinny black.
I'm curious how it's gonna look.
Here is a before picture

Attachments

• aangepast 90.jpg
    aangepast 90.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 331
Today ik have worked on my rear fender. The fender is a front fender from a H-D fatboy.
The radius wan.t right so i made it better. Now im liking it.
I also made the fender better where the chain is running ,now i cant see the inside of the fender

Attachments

• aangepast 91.jpg
    aangepast 91.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 256
  • aangepast 92.jpg
    aangepast 92.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 241
so my frame is back from the coater. I's shinny black and looking realy good. Im starting to building the bike up.:laugh::laugh:

Attachments

• aangepast 94.jpg
    aangepast 94.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 339
I looked sometime for footpegs for my hardtail but i could not find the right one that fitted good. So i asked a friend of mine from work and explained what i wanted. And just with that eplanation he made pegs. From stainles steel. And is realy liked them.:D
Now i have to make the controls

Attachments

• aangepast 96.jpg
    aangepast 96.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 307
  • aangepast 97.jpg
    aangepast 97.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 297
I'have no new news from the bike , but i wanted to show my new accession. No more a sore back from bending forward to the bike !

Attachments

• aangepast 98.jpg
    aangepast 98.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 315
Today i wanted to build the rear brake of the bike, I'm going to make it from stainles steal , but first i made a example from normal steal so i can try some things. But now i am thinking its a little to big.

What do u think about it?

Attachments

• aangepast 99.jpg
    aangepast 99.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 305
does seem a long way, have you considered a bowden cable?
I think other manufacturers put a Z bend in it to stop the rod sagging

wow man that frame looks killer. i see a throwback to 70's trumps with your bike. very traditional. i approve. ;)

tbakic - its not that hard, go for it! but wait till the seasons over, too nice to not ride a bike.

Nice Work, bike look beautiful! So you sand blasted your motor when it was in pieces how did you stop sand from entering the bottom end? How did you clean up the motor after sandblasting?

holy cow nice build man! i wish i had the courage to rip mine down to the frame like that

I had not the courage to do that to , even the brains. Some people think to lot , i think to less:laugh:. After i did somethings , then i started to think.:D Somethings comes when i am working on the bike. I,m just having fun with small money

Nice Work, bike look beautiful! So you sand blasted your motor when it was in pieces how did you stop sand from entering the bottom end? How did you clean up the motor after sandblasting?

Yes i sandblasted it in peaces , after that cleanded with brake cleaner and pressed air.
That was no difficult

does seem a long way, have you considered a bowden cable?
I think other manufacturers put a Z bend in it to stop the rod sagging

The system works ok , but i think its a little big aspacialy the pivotpoint, turningpoint?
(I don't now the right word).
But it have to be big ( i think ) , because otherwise u don,t have enough braking power.

Back