buying a bunch of items from MikesXS...any random items I should add to cart?

sly409

XS400 Addict
Reaction score
So I've been building up my shopping cart for the past several weeks and I think I've covered just about everything I think I will need for now. Some of the items are odds and ends that I noticed I needed. This is my xmas gift to myself haha, although it most likely wont arrive till after xmas which is fine :wink2:

Anyways here is the list of the things I'm ordering. I just wanted to see if anyone might have any input on items they think I should probably get. Some of these items are to replace old/non-working/corroded parts. Some items are to replace parts that were never there like tank dampers etc.

Jets
main jets #140 thru #155
pilot jet sizes #45 and #47.5

Pod filters
MikesXS 53mm filter to replace my emgo filters (noticed the emgo filters block some of the air ports on the carbs and read that mikesxs pods dont do that.)

replacement cables
clutch, speedo, throttle...had to order tac from ebay since mikes doesnt carry them

plug caps and wires
ngk resistor type plug caps to replace my 2 old non-matching caps
new yellow sillicone wires
set of ngk BP7ES plugs to replace my bp8es's that came with the bike

odds and ends
-front tank rubber mounts because mine only came with one and the other side was wrapped with electrical tape :laugh: hopefully they fit, they are suppose to be for 650
-1/4" hose clamps for the fuel lines
-non vacuum type petcock that everyones been raving about :D
-side stand spring since mine has no tension on it anymore...bike nearly fell over the first day home :eek:
-autosol metal polish :bike:
-exhaust gasket because I noticed mine didnt have any installed when i took off the headers
-low profile headlight bracket to replace the big ugly oem ones

controls
drag bars yeah! :D
clutch lever
clutch lever bracket
brake lever dust cover
clutch lever dust cover
clutch cable adjuster dust cover
brake pad set

I was thinking of getting stainless steel brake hose lines but I dunno if the ones they sell which are labeled for the 650 will work with mine. Can anyone verify if they do? If anyone is wondering that all adds up to $360 right now. I still gotta order a chain off ebay and some new rubber for front and rear later on. Thanks!

Sorry, no I don't but for the price of a new one it would not but cost affective for me anyway:wink2:

I can't reccomend getting Mike's pod filters. I can reccomend Uni Filters, they are foam and might not look as good but they work much better.
On the brake lines just measure yours. Mike's list the lengths.
Leo

Back