Café from the heart of Europe (intro & build)

i painted the tracker in a speckle dark grey and high lighted the edges by rubbing the paint away.

I still like it.

another possibility

i painted the tracker in a speckle dark grey and high lighted the edges by rubbing the paint away.

I still like it.

another possibility

That was my first idea...paint the whole engine (except side covers) in black and brush the edges. It's little too late to change the colors too much when my crank case is painted in black and cam cover in silver:) man I hate these deciding situations...:doh:

Last edited:
my dilemma through the photoshop:confused:

Attachments

• engin_colors.jpg
    engin_colors.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 478
Oh thank you guys, anyway you could choose the same version:D

By the way some "HUGE" (for me) update:
some more parts arrived and the forks are on! I'm still not sure about the gold. As you can see on the last pic, they are too yellow and shiny on the light. Maybe with black wheels it will be better. Even this type of tank looks good with these forks. "Knee dent" on the right side is from PO:mad:

Attachments

• parts_02.jpg
    parts_02.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 415
  • forkson_01.jpg
    forkson_01.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 440
  • forkson_02.jpg
    forkson_02.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 425
  • forkson_3.jpg
    forkson_3.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 458
Oh and I raddled the frame and swingarm with some anticorrosion shit because I already know that this build will be a long story ("Forch Corroplex - rust conversion agent. Turns iron oxide into a stable, insoluble, blue/black metallocene. Prevents corrosion")

Attachments

• 20121002_154429.jpg
    20121002_154429.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 322
Last edited:
Some new custom made parts...front bearing spacer for Aprilia axle and rear wheel collar (old was little bit worn). I also made a final decision about tyres...I will run these Lasertecs from Merzeler (of course with tubes even they are TL). During this weekend I'll put new bearings on and order new shoes. Oh and I ordered "new" front wheel from SR500 (19")...can't wait to see it on the bike (even it won't be a huge difference anyway)

Attachments

• Metzeler_Lasertec_ielas.jpg
    Metzeler_Lasertec_ielas.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 376
  • 20130308_221845.jpg
    20130308_221845.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 329
Hey guys, I am little bit stucked. Today I've tried to put rear wheel together. But I have 2 (3) problems:
1) In Haynes manual there is only one dust seal on the left bearing but I have also the new smaller one for the right one. I'm almost sure there was only one on the sprocket size but why the hell I have bought the second one! Also there is no space for it!?

Q no.2: There are some parts which I don't have - its some circlip (number 14 on the schema) and some washer plate (13). If I remember right, there was none of them when I took the wheel off the bike. The circlip is not a problem, I can get it but that washer plate is no more available. Is it under the dust cover (45)? Because this dust cover is little bit wobbly now. Is there any pic of it? Or some dimensions (ID, OD, thickness. Thanks in advance. I am desperate already

Attachments

• schema.jpg
    schema.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 335
  • 20130329_165528.jpg
    20130329_165528.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 345
yes there is a washer plate it fits between the sprocket and circlip (14)

did you have the spacer that fits inside the left wheel bearing? the dust cover fits over that like a "Mexican hat" (#44)

Hi Drew, my setup from the right bearing is: bearing, bearing spacer, collar inside the left bearing, dust seal, and another collar inside big dust cover ("Mexican hat"?)

Attachments

• dasdas.jpg
    dasdas.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 322
Thanks Drewpy...I am still not sure about the space between metal dust cover and the wheel. But it could be ok with that washer and circlip

Btw another mock-up...stock shocks, new PISTON, and some bars from racing flat track bike:laugh:

Attachments

• rearwheel.jpg
    rearwheel.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 396
  • mockup03.jpg
    mockup03.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 491
  • mockup02.jpg
    mockup02.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 466
  • mockup01.jpg
    mockup01.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 434
Great stance, the back end of the tanks still needs raising like I did.

New rear sprocket dampers are in (thanks Drewpy) and she is back on the wheels. Rear tyre is new Metzeler 120/90/18. Here are some pics. Front tyre is old and temporary (Heidenau) but I have to admit it looks quite good...more oldschool, anyway I'm waiting for some parts to get them painted (including rest of engine and 19" front wheel from SR500) and then I'll buy one size wider (100/90/19"). So the priority items from my list are: front tyre, clip-ons, rearsets, rear shocks :yikes: (longer, idk 340-350 mm). I have to cut the rear frame sections and try it.

Attachments

• tyres_07.jpg
    tyres_07.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 439
  • tyres_04.jpg
    tyres_04.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 406
  • tyres_06.jpg
    tyres_06.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 445
  • tyres_03.jpg
    tyres_03.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 449
  • tyres_02.jpg
    tyres_02.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 447
  • tyres_01.jpg
    tyres_01.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 517
Last edited:
hardtailed XS...new shocks are on the way. And some temporary polystyrene cowl...Still don't know - fiberglass or aluminium cowl

Attachments

• cowl_res.jpg
    cowl_res.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 394
Last edited:
Back