Café from the heart of Europe (intro & build)

My progress is even slower then before...
I solved the rearsets linkage... mounting plates will be welded properly after final teardown
20140525_120815.jpg

20140531_202424.jpg

Nice I like the way those loops look for your rear sets. Only problem I have is the 2 bends in your brake rod. If you have to stand on the brake in an emergency I'm afraid it'll straiten out and be less effective. I hope it is high tensile steel and it took some REAL muscle to bend.

yep, this offset piece is made for this purpose... and this is quite common solution... But I will be very careful during my first test rides, that's for sure:)

I always wanted to try one of these on my bike...I bought this tank for 25 bucks from the guy on a race track week ago...but I don't like it too much with my setup...so it will end up like a decoration:D

20140628_112455.jpg

20140628_112503.jpg

Hey man! I'm impressed by your attention to detail! Im planning on getting rs125 forks, i got most of it figured out, got a motogadget speedo with magnet sensor, so i only need to worry about the front brake, how did you fix it? would it be a bolt on if you used the original aprillia caliper?

Very nice build so far! Took many screen shots to collect ideas for my xs400 project ;-)

Does the fork including the fork crowns fit without modifications?

Greets!

By the way: cz is one of the nicest country's in Europe. I spent 6 month as a trainee at Skoda auto.

Hey guys, thanks for nice words...
Oslo: I don't remember...but I would say...nope. There should be done some disc/caliper alignment for sure...
Maak: the guy I bought it from told me that it's XS500 tank...but I am not sure...
chris: Hello neighbor! yes, without any mods... but there will be some issue with the brake caliper...

I hope I can make some progress during the autumn...It was busy summer...

mT: thanks man

I'M BACK!
I gave up hammering the cowl... I found an old Jawa tank. The shape is not so different from my stock tank, so It could match the tank shape...
20140921_175021.jpg

20140920_115104.jpg

...It needs some lowering, narrowing, cutting, welding...:laugh:

Last edited:
I hope so...I like the edges on the tank...so I want to have them on the cowl too... The other reason is I want to go bare metal with some clear coat...(if I will able to repair the dent on the tank without any visible demage):doh:

Back