Café Racer build - Portugal

IMG_20181103_183534.jpg
IMG_20181103_183524.jpg

Lol I think we arenon The same spot bro, i have pulled apart everything but the engine I am scared of not being able to put it back together, is that step really necessary?

The engine can be removed and installed from the left side very easily. The only problem is the risk of scratching things up. I used tape and hand towels, whatever I could find really.

I did it with the bike on the kick stand but im sure of you use the center stand it'll be easier. I was able to set the engine on the ground on the left side of the bike. I leaned over the frame and used the frame to support myself. I was able to lift the engine using the kick start and holding the cylinders. You can pull the engine up and onto the left side of the frame and rock it into place. this way, you wont put any strain on your back and you just use your arms.

How difficult is it to put it all back together, wiring and all that?

Dont over think it as putting it all back together is pretty simple. All wires can only go to one place so its easy.

Pulling the motor is pretty easy also. As stated above just put tape on the frame to protect the paint or powder coat.

If your harness is all stock, you may find that you have a lot of extra wire length on the loom once it all ties into the headlight bucket. Some parts of the loom have a lot of extra wire, and some other parts are not so forgiving.

When removing/installing old wire harnesses I always make sure to thoroughly warm them up (sitting in the sun, or with a space heater and a box). Old copper and plastic seem to appreciate it...

If you are deleting the front fender for looks, you may want to at least chop it down to the braced part and mount that to keep the spindly fork legs under better control...

Also those footpegs without their rubbers look slippery as hell.

The front fender is not ready yet. Its the original one but choped...
The footpegs havent arived. Maybe next week.

Paint decision is always hard for me, so many options..... Everything so far except the exhaust pipes says go shiny and new. A wrap on the exhaust would fix that. If you are leaving the wheels as maybe use them as the inspiration and go black with silver pin-striping? Or just about any bold color would look great.

Back