Cafe build

well... i wouldnt let it slow you down either! just a thought though, id spend time getting everything ready and fitted. as far as the frame goes, thats where i wouldnt spend time or money at this point until you do get the title thing squared away. if you have everything else dialed in a frame swap isnt that hard if you have too. but spending money on the frame is another thing. just a thought. sounds like youve got started though, thats half the battle haha

I should have clarified. Im not gonna really mess with the frame until the title goes thru. But Everything will start getting mocked up. And I got my buffer/polisher yesterday so the fun begins :banghead:. Im gonna have some trick billet stuff on the bike here and there so keep an eye out.

.................... so keep an eye out.

how about two?

13-eyes-out.jpg

Does anyone know if they make adjustable fork dampners for the 400's? I know Mikes makes them for the 650's. Im gonna rebuild the forks soon and want to try and get a little more performance out of them. If not I guess a good rebuild with some 20w will have to due.

You can always get a title from a titling service in another state, Broadway title in Alabama comes to mind. Then you can waltz in your local DMV like you own the place and get it titled in your state. I know several people that have done this and it works. The DMV people usually aren't exactly "super-fucking saavy"...

Wow, just looked up the prices, it used to be $150, looks like it is at least $375 now, nevermind!

Last edited:
Haha yea I looked into that crush. Im gonna see what this bonded title is gonna run me. I also submitted some paper work to release the info of the last registered owner so I can see if I can get in contact with them and see about a replacement title.

Well I need your guys opinion. I dunno if I want to paint the lower fork legs black or polish them. Here are some before and after polish and polish next to black.
277xt.jpg

278rw.jpg

And heres my new toy!!!
279w.jpg

Polish; especially with the machine you just bought.

Anyone have any good places to get fork seals?

I am pretty sure I bought Bikemaster O.E. Fork Oil Seals from bikebandit; they are in the aftermarket section under suspension, but there are a lot of other stores that sell these too.

I saw those, and for 7 bucks thats gonna happen. Just wanted to see what you guys were running and where you got them.

polish, NO clear coat! it'll lift after a while!

little hand polish every now and then will keep it pristine!

Back