Cafe build

My son had his forks powder coated black along with cut off front and rear fenders, headlight bucket, speedo/tach cans and ceramic coated mufflers. The exhaust pipes will be wrapped in black. He is adding black shocks and is thinking of doing the rims and hubs in black also with SS spokes. Looking good so far.

Well my hands are dead. Sanded, and sanded, and sanded some more. Got up to 500grit. That should be good enough to start polishing

This is true. But Ive got it down pretty good. I use my DA with a 80 grit scuff pad to get out all the rough areas and give it a rough teture, then 120, 220,320,400, then 500. After that Ive got some compunds that have some pretty heavy cutting which knocks everything down really good. I could probably stop at 320 but I wana a deep shine. Time will tell. Its probably gonna end up around 40+ since I'm picky.

I hear ya man! My build would probably be done by now if it wasn't for me being so damn picky! Post up some pics along the way....you know us and pictures here! lol

Ill be posting more pics soon. Need to start ordering parts soon, but gotta wait til the wallet recovers a little. Had to buy an ECM for my truck the other day. I love my diesel, but man are parts spendy! So in the mean time, looks like more sanding and polishing. Im gonna try and do the build in stages. Working on the forks now, then gonna hit the frame, then motor, and lastly paint/ body and all the other odds and ends.

Well I got a nice surprise from the brown santa (UPS) today. They dropped off my new 320mm rotor. WOOOO! This thing is huge. So I bolted it up and drooled for a while, then I decided to mock up a seat. I was gonna buy a fiberglass seat, but I'm thinking since this is a custom build, I cant have an off the shelf seat, so Im gonna put my fab skills to work and hand hammer an aluminum seat. Here is a rough idea of what its gonna look like. Let me know what you guys think.
301pj.jpg

304p.jpg

Mmmmmm Brembo
302af.jpg

306j.jpg

308r.jpg

That will look sick, I especially like the idea of the gold color disks, tank, and seat. If thats your plan.

There is gonna be some gold on the bike. Color scheme is gonna be brilliant black (metallic black, factory dodge color), charcoal grey, and some gold accents along with some carbon fiber goodies im gonna make. Gonna do the Tank black and im thinking a grey stripe on one side, (like down gas cap side)

Im debating wether I want to have a small transition from the tank and the front of the seat pan. What do you guys think?

Back