Cafe build

Yes, with any change to the engine, either filters, exhaust, etc., you would rejet. I dont completely understand your post, it seems that you are saying a 2x1 will hurt the engine? Or are you saying that a untuned set o carbs will hurt the engine? A 2x1 only changes the horsepower and torque curves, usually giving you more low to mid range. Besides that the look and sound are the only other things that are different

Sorry for my bad English meant not change without re-jet silent with respect to deposit tin-lead can be used to plug any security holes. My grandfather and my father repaired tanks with this system when the tin was a job.

Well worked on the bike a little today after work. Waiting on parts is killing me. According to ups and fed ex everything should be here tomorrow. I drilled the rear rotor today and continued polishing. Send the motor and frame off to the media blasters last week. Having the cases, head, and jugs walnut shelled to give them a nice shine, and having the frame and swinger blasted to clean it up for welding. Here are just a couple pics from today. Ive been slacking big time lately, but work has been hell lately. Im gonna try and hit overdrive these next few weeks as Im selling my truck to buy a new one and need the bike to ride if the truck sells. So the fire has been lit.
Before
009rnf.jpg

After
022bdf.jpg

And heres the rocker cover I started to attack today
024fz.jpg

Running a caliper from a 2002-2003 R1, or a Fazer caliper. Theyre the same, also called "ble spot" calipers. Im gonna have a whole how to thread when I complete it.

how did i miss this thread? your bike is turning out sick man i love the front brembo setup and the drilled rear caliper. nice touch with the smoothing the casting lines

Ok so the brown santa (UPS) made a stop today and delivered some much needed goodies and motivation. I got my caliper, gasket set, bars, grips, bar ends, fork seals, the list goes on lol. So I jumped on the bike today for several hours since work was slow. I hacked on the frame pretty hard. Cut off all the little tabs and brackets there the batt box and the electronics used to mount to, and cut off the center stand brackets. Also trimmed some fat on the shock mounts and made them symetrical on each side. Gonna bend up my rear hoop this weekend and a new support for the one I cut out today. My caliper brackets are gonna hopefully be here in the next week or so (my buddy has been busy). Im gonna have him cut about 10 brackets, so those that want one give me a shout. Here are a few pics from today. Also roughly laid out the paint scheme. Where the tape is its gonna be a DSG (dark shadow grey metallic), and the rest is gonna be a metallic black.
"Gold spot" caliper
025bdy.jpg

Few of the goodies that showed up
026qns.jpg

Paint layout
034gq.jpg

Fat free frame
029xm.jpg

030inj.jpg

031yy.jpg

032jio.jpg

man dont flapper wheels make everything easier? and smoother? lol. looks good. cant wait to see that tank in paint. do you have a schematic of what those brackets look like?

Flapper wheels are the s@it! Especially since I have an endless supply from work lol. I have a schematic that I got from CadXs. I can email them to you. I believe they are on a thread somewhere also. You need the caliper bracket and a spacer for the rotor.

Bent up the rear hoop today and fabbed up my new brace for the one I cut out. Motor went out to the blasters to be cleaned up. Finish welding the frame this week and then sending it out for coating if the wallet allows this weekend.
img0046jo.jpg

img0047qq.jpg

Sweet build im thinking about doing a 320mm Brembo rotor and caliper to, but if you have some brackets made up already for the "Gold spot" It would save me from trying to sweet talk a grad student to make one here at the university. Do you still have any of the brackets left?

I don't know sounded like he started out strong hope he didn't loose steam... I need a bracket to fit new brakes and idk of anyone that has them.

Back