1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Facebook people... We've created a group for XS400.com members to connect. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Want an XS400.com t-shirt? Go to the store to order. Limited sizes and quantities available.
    Dismiss Notice

Can we remove the Profile Posts feature?

Discussion in 'The Classroom' started by BBS360, Dec 9, 2018.

1. BBS360

BBS360 XS400 Guru Top Contributor

There are nine pages of people asking for help and getting few responses because it's separate from the main forum and seldom seen.
    The new members using this feature (accidentally incorrectly) probably think the forum is pretty useless.
    http://www.xs400.com/find-new/8203693/profile-posts

xschris likes this.
  2. xschris

xschris a lifestyle not a trend Top Contributor

I now see what you talking about. I guess if people can't figure out how to post to a forum they should stay off the web. I never used the profile post tab till just now to see what it does. Over many years I have told people where to post questions/build threads and still had no response. I guess this will weed out those who should try other ways of getting help.

3. drewpy

drewpy Excess twin Top Contributor

I've never been on there. Always click on new posts to see the forum and keep up to date

4. BBS360

BBS360 XS400 Guru Top Contributor

Yeah. There are the occasional people that are better with mechanics than websites and I wouldn't want them to get lost down the dead-end of the profile posts.
    Assuming the feature can be removed entirely that is.

5. Travis

Travis Staff Member Staff Member

I think I have a solution... I've disabled profile posts for members with less than 5 posts. A notice is displayed to members with 0 posts with instructions on how to post. I figure that once they have 5 posts, they won't try to use profile posts to ask questions.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2019
    BBS360 and xschris like this.
  6. drewpy

drewpy Excess twin Top Contributor

sounds like a plan